Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cruise Control - Retrofit

P

paddymounter

Vehicle
T5 SE 174
Is it possible and has anyone fitted cruise control to a 08 T5 California 2.5L manual?

Given the different loom, sensors and electronics needed, unless there is some sort of aftermarket option, I would not say it's possible.

Edit - there is one here for VW. Semi-integrated though, essentially sits outside your current kit (ie not on the Dash, just the stalk).

Last edited:
Easy enough. EBay the stalk/loom then sort it via VCDS. Done it on my Golf.

It can , like sidepod said . There’s a guy in the north east who sells the kits on eBay . Or you go and see him in saltburn? He’ll fit while you wait.. 2-3 hours as I remember. Factory fit look with dash indicator and everything. Faultless .

VW Direct, thats his EBay handle.

For a T5 you have a VW original cruise control kit including stalk and wirings and codings.
For a T6 it is not possible from VW. But I put one in for my dad.
IMG_20200726_175925.jpg

On a T6 with MFD and steering wheel buttons, normally the cruise control is in the left button part, and not (easy) retrofittable.
I just ordered an original stalk from VW. It cost me €100. A couple of wires to the right modules in the right place and 2 lines of code.
The hardest part was the wire to the engine ECU. This is located under the starter battery.
So yes, it is possible from VW for a T5 and T5.1.

do you have experience driving with cruise control? My experience is adaptive cruise control is great but non-adaptive cruise control is not, unless you expect to spend a significant amount of time driving on continental motorways

I find the ACC on the Cali great when driving on the motorways, had CC on a previous car and very rarely used in UK due to amount of traffic on our roads. ACC is very useful when driving through average speed check areas in road works.

I had manual cruise control (not ACC which would likely be impossible?) retrofitted to my T6 MY2016 Beach & use it every trip - the VW Dealer had included in their spec for the pre-registered ad listing, but didn't have the stalk on collection.

An outfit in the Midlands did it for me in an afternoon (and the Dealer reluctantly paid! :thumb).

We had it added by Hazzy Dayz to our MY13 Sharan. They do T5s as well. They use original VW parts which is neat.

Back