Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cricket World Cup

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Anyone else sat in the sun by your van listening to the cricket World Cup final? We’re at a beautiful little site at Thoard in Southern France. https://www.lemoulindethoard.com/

Yep. Getting nervy now

Mike

Why is it always so painful to support England?

I may have to open a bottle of chilled rose that’s in the fridge.

NewZealand strength is bowling and fielding and you can see why. Lots of dot balls and even Root reverted to swinging. Can’t afford to lose another.
Stokes has changed his game and can anchor things. Butler needs to be Butler.

Mike

This is too stressful!

Damned right. Squeaky bum time.

Mike

Have you ever seen anything like that last over.

Mike

That was amazing and also amusing as we had to watch the super overs in the camp site restaurant, crowded around my phone during a massive thunderstorm.

The French found it very bemusing!!

Stokes is an absolute legend

Fabulous game, and I am generally not a cricket fan.

Woooooooowwwwwww. Greatest finish I’ve ever seen in any sport.
Mike
Wholeheartedly agree. That will go down as one of the most memorable games in cricket for years.

My son was in tears at the end.

I went out and bought all the papers this morning so that he's got something to keep to remember it.

Well done England, well played New Zealand.

These are highly paid players, in a huge final, something that they have spent four years of their lives preparing for and apart from the quality of the game itself I thought the attitude of sportsmanship was exemplary and in brilliant contrast to the antics of the overpaid prima Donna's of other sports.

Two things: Ben Stokes face and body language when scoring his fluke 4 ..... "I don't want it, don't give it......" and Kane Williamson on "should it be 5, not 6".... "England got the rub of the green, that's the way it goes in sport. It doesn't change anything, they've been brilliant all year and deserve the win"...

I might just start watching test cricket, even try to understand the rules! :Nailbiting:shocked

These are highly paid players, in a huge final, something that they have spent four years of their lives preparing for and apart from the quality of the game itself I thought the attitude of sportsmanship was exemplary and in brilliant contrast to the antics of the overpaid prima Donna's of other sports.

Two things: Ben Stokes face and body language when scoring his fluke 4 ..... "I don't want it, don't give it......" and Kane Williamson on "should it be 5, not 6".... "England got the rub of the green, that's the way it goes in sport. It doesn't change anything, they've been brilliant all year and deserve the win"...

I might just start watching test cricket, even try to understand the rules! :Nailbiting:shocked
Don’t just watch it @GrannyJen ... take a picnic and your knitting () with an old friend. Make sure you’re not driving and have a blast.

Don’t just watch it @GrannyJen ... take a picnic and your knitting () with an old friend. Make sure you’re not driving and have a blast.

Go with an "old" friend?

Young man! At my age no one counts as old!

Seriously, I have once or twice popped into the county ground at Taunton ..... and when Somerset are playing Sussex I might jut, with divided loyalty, pop down to Hove :)

Go with an "old" friend?

Young man! At my age no one counts as old!

Seriously, I have once or twice popped into the county ground at Taunton ..... and when Somerset are playing Sussex I might jut, with divided loyalty, pop down to Hove :)
There’s nothing better than sharing a slice of pork pie at a county game. Maybe this should be a new sub group for the forum