Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Covid19 Passport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
What do people think about Travel limited to only those who have a Covid 19 vacation identity card. It’s already started with the Australian airline Qantas. Who next BA, Virgin, Brittany ferries?

stinks
airlines not accepting NHS test results (obviously they aren't good enough) then they charge you extra to get their test which is apparently ok.
stinks

Probably not purely the airlines, more likely the receiving country.

It is no different from the long standing mandatory yellow fever certificate required to visit South America. Nobody questions that.

It is no different from the long standing mandatory yellow fever certificate required to visit South America. Nobody questions that.
disagree, it's very different. its one of many ways of forcing people to take it and is a slippery slope. what next, concerts, pubs or even work ? . life on hold until you are injected. yellow fever is a proven jab thats been in use for over 90 years so i reckon thats why people don't question it.

disagree, it's very different. its one of many ways of forcing people to take it and is a slippery slope. what next, concerts, pubs or even work ? . life on hold until you are injected. yellow fever is a proven jab thats been in use for over 90 years so i reckon thats why people don't question it.
You can choose not to have the yellow fever vaccination and not visit South America. In principle it’s the same. You can choose not to have the COVID vaccine only go to places where you don’t represent a threat to others.

Probably not purely the airlines, more likely the receiving country.

Some immigration rules are actually 'outsourced' to the airlines to operate. The receiving country makes it a condition of the airline's op licence that they verify passengers' paperwork pre-travel. No papers, no check in.

No idea of course if that's how it might work with a vaccination certificate but certainly the way with visas (I know, having often had to argue it out with check-in staff in emergency travel situations).

Oh they do. On a cruise up the Amazon some years ago, over 60 passengers were refused as they hadn't had the Yellow fever vaccination, for whatever reason, despite receiving emails and written communications warning them.
Very simple, don't have the vaccine then don't travel. Free choice.

You can choose not to have the yellow fever vaccination and not visit South America. In principle it’s the same. You can choose not to have the COVID vaccine only go to places where you don’t represent a threat to others.
true. but the point is when it comes to having any sort of life the vaccine is being forced upon you. like i said, where does it end ? pop concerts, pubs, clubs, and even going to work ? can you choose not to work ? going to south america isn't generally done by many people is it compared to going to benidorm. plus as i said,that vaccine is proven and been around for 90 years. this one hasn't.
i'm not saying it doesn't work or is a conspiracy. just saying it's wrong.

true. but the point is when it comes to having any sort of life the vaccine is being forced upon you. like i said, where does it end ? pop concerts, pubs, clubs, and even going to work ? can you choose not to work ? going to south america isn't generally done by many people is it compared to going to benidorm. plus as i said,that vaccine is proven and been around for 90 years. this one hasn't.
i'm not saying it doesn't work or is a conspiracy. just saying it's wrong.
If you present a threat to others the only choice you should have is how not to do so. Have the vaccine, or don’t, and as a consequence find your own solutions to the problems you have created for yourself.

stinks
airlines not accepting NHS test results (obviously they aren't good enough) then they charge you extra to get their test which is apparently ok.
stinks

The OP was talking about vaccination, not testing. A vaccination gives you (we hope!) long term immunity, a test just shows (maybe) you were uninfected at a point in time.

Not disputing there might be a profit motive at play but right now I'd guess airlines' main motive is giving enough confidence to people to fly and to persuade governments to let them. I'd personally be happier about spending an hour sitting next to someone who's just been tested before boarding, versus someone who got tested last week on the NHS but has maybe been in the pub meanwhile.

This is what I think. I’ve spent the last 10 months not being able to give my children and grandchildren a hug. I’m 73 next year and I still hope to have time to do and see things and hug my family once again. If there is a vaccine that will help me do this then I’ve joined the queue. Long term affects don’t worry me because there isn’t a LONG term involved. I just want some form of normality back in my and my wife’s life and if this vaccine can give it I will have it..

What's the worse longterm effect of the vaccine - Death
What's the worse longterm effect of Covid 19 - Death
I know 40% of people are asymptotic but they are still carriers and can infect others.
So if someone does not wish to infect others and does not wish to have the vaccine then it is beholden of them to remove themselves from society to protect others, the 5 to 30% who have had the vaccine but don't produce an adequate protective response. No vaccine is 100% effective.

What do people think about Travel limited to only those who have a Covid 19 vacation identity card. It’s already started with the Australian airline Qantas. Who next BA, Virgin, Brittany ferries?
Why not its a. Great way forward, hopefully reduce transmission across the world so stops it all happening again!!

A lot of talk about personal freedom.

Well,

I want freedom. Freedom to hug my kids and grandkids, freedom from lockdown, freedom to travel where I want when I want.

If someone does not want a vaccine, that's up to them. They have freedom of choice same as I have. If 80% of people want to say to an airline or "I don't want to fly with them" then the other 20% have their choice and the airline has freedom to make a commercial decision. It's not about being "forced", quite the opposite, it's about being told "you don't have to".

I also just love the "wait until everyone else has had it first"..... well, I hope you wait a long time because I'm not waiting and I'm sure 80% of the population of the planet will be really thrilled about those who so willingly forego a vaccine so those with a sleeve rolled up can move along the queue quicker.

I have this debate within my family. one of my sisters, the one who tells me I'm totally mad for being a phase 1 clinical trial volunteer (For medicines other than vaccines) also wants to stand back and wait for everyone else first. She can't understand why her daughter then turns round and says "well I'm not letting the grandchildren near you Mum as they could be carrying it", and equally I've said "well once my life gets back to normal and I'm travelling, mixing, working with others, I'm not risking carrying the virus to you". She thinks I'm mean. Well, I am, I'm so mean I don't want to kill her or my own brother in law, both vulnerable.

Really strange, Two years ago my Brother in law's life was saved by a "miracle" drug. He doesn't quite get it when I say to him that he needs to thank all those "stupid mugs" (what he calls me) who took part in phase 1 to phase 3 trials before he was given his wonder drug. We all want it when the benefit to us is totally clear, as it was to him.... "have it or die".

Last edited:
Many people have taken yellow fever vaccinations and shown that at port of entries to various countries. How is this different now ... and the sudden talk about personal freedom etc?. The yellow fever was contained due to such stringent restrictions. This pandemic is so bigger than YF, if that is a way to contain until things become normal, then may it be so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stinks
stinks
Having the vaccination is not like having a test. The test is only valid for the moment you take it, but hopefully the vaccination lasts longer. I think it is a good idea and not new. for years we have had to make sure our jabs are up to date before travelling.

Having the vaccination is not like having a test. The test is only valid for the moment you take it, but hopefully the vaccination lasts longer. I think it is a good idea and not new. for years we have had to make sure our jabs are up to date before travelling.
That would be fine if the vaccine was freely available to everyone but it isn't, if you are under 50 with no comordidities then it could be a year or more before you get access to the vaccine. Should the vaccine then need an annual top up then healthy under 50's may never get the opportunity.

A lot of talk about personal freedom.

Well,

I want freedom. Freedom to hug my kids and grandkids, freedom from lockdown, freedom to travel where I want when I want.

If someone does not want a vaccine, that's up to them. They have freedom of choice same as I have. If 80% of people want to say to an airline or "I don't want to fly with them" then the other 20% have their choice and the airline has freedom to make a commercial decision. It's not about being "forced", quite the opposite, it's about being told "you don't have to".

I also just love the "wait until everyone else has had it first"..... well, I hope you wait a long time because I'm not waiting and I'm sure 80% of the population of the planet will be really thrilled about those who so willingly forego a vaccine so those with a sleeve rolled up can move along the queue quicker.

I have this debate within my family. one of my sisters, the one who tells me I'm totally mad for being a phase 1 clinical trial volunteer (For medicines other than vaccines) also wants to stand back and wait for everyone else first. She can't understand why her daughter then turns round and says "well I'm not letting the grandchildren near you Mum as they could be carrying it", and equally I've said "well once my life gets back to normal and I'm travelling, mixing, working with others, I'm not risking carrying the virus to you". She thinks I'm mean. Well, I am, I'm so mean I don't want to kill her or my own brother in law, both vulnerable.

Really strange, Two years ago my Brother in law's life was saved by a "miracle" drug. He doesn't quite get it when I say to him that he needs to thank all those "stupid mugs" (what he calls me) who took part in phase 1 to phase 3 trials before he was given his wonder drug. We all want it when the benefit to us is totally clear, as it was to him.... "have it or die".
And clearly the freedom to infect who you like. It is your decision but like most decisions in life it comes with consequences, if you don't like the consequences don't make that decision . If people stopped blaming the Government and came to realise that their selfish attitude by not following the rules is why why are still having to live with this. I Certainly do not agree with the regime in China but at least their ability to make people obey the rules is why they got a handle on it faster than the Western World.

And clearly the freedom to infect who you like. It is your decision but like most decisions in life it comes with consequences, if you don't like the consequences don't make that decision . If people stopped blaming the Government and came to realise that their selfish attitude by not following the rules is why why are still having to live with this. I Certainly do not agree with the regime in China but at least their ability to make people obey the rules is why they got a handle on it faster than the Western World.
er...

I think you may have gleaned the wrong impression .....

Did you actually bother to read the post you're commenting on?

First rules of medicine- do no harm, obtain consent.

This is just one lawsuit filed against Pfizer - the company in whom you are placing your trust.

This is just one lawsuit filed against Pfizer - the company in whom you are placing your trust.

I am not placing my trust in Pfizer. Most of my trust is being placed in the MHRA and the peer review process of data from phase 3 trials.

Who get their data from Pfizer. With no long term safety studies. No known effect on fertility. No data on whether if prevents asymptomatic transmission after vaccination. No data about how long the ‘immunity’ lasts. The payout for long term disability or death payed by the taxpayer not Pfizer is £125k. How much is a life worth? The risk of death to people under 80 yrs is no different to flu. Again it’s all about choice. Not enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back