Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cotwsolds and Cornwall campsites

D

DebbieO

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 199 4Motion
Good morning, hope everyone is keeping well.

We are hopeful that some of the restrictions will be lifted soon and I’m doing something that I haven't done for what seems like an age.... planning a little break! It will be our first stay in our Cali as we collected it the first week in December! So we are very excited for our first staycation!

I would be grateful for any suggestions on great campsites to stay in both Cotswolds and Cornwall.

Thanks in advance,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

gvick did a nice series of posts on several sites in Cornwall

other sources : U.k.Campsite website, with web links to each site

Hi Debbie,

gvick did a nice series of posts on several sites in Cornwall

other sources : U.k.Campsite website, with web links to each site
Thanks for this, sounds great :)

Cotswolds:
Hardwick Park near Witney, West Oxfordshire (edge of the cotswolds) is quite good as it has a lake for water sports and designated swimming areas.

I also like Greenhill Farm Park, Bletchingdon. Not too far from Blenheim Palace, spacious, some fishing lakes and walks round. I haven’t been for a couple of years but they had a cafe and games room.

The Old Shed at Charlbury is a lovely cafe with a campsite (Cotswold View) which has all sorts of activities and some short woodland walks is nice but small, I’ve only camped with a tent there which was quite cramped but I think vans, caravans and bigger tents get more space. Having said that it is really popular. If you are in the area it is worth a visit even if you aren’t camping.

Cotswolds:
Hardwick Park near Witney, West Oxfordshire (edge of the cotswolds) is quite good as it has a lake for water sports and designated swimming areas.

I also like Greenhill Farm Park, Bletchingdon. Not too far from Blenheim Palace, spacious, some fishing lakes and walks round. I haven’t been for a couple of years but they had a cafe and games room.

The Old Shed at Charlbury is a lovely cafe with a campsite (Cotswold View) which has all sorts of activities and some short woodland walks is nice but small, I’ve only camped with a tent there which was quite cramped but I think vans, caravans and bigger tents get more space. Having said that it is really popular. If you are in the area it is worth a visit even if you aren’t camping.
Thanks for the detailed reply, most helpful indeed.

Back