Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornwall Xmas Camping

BerndRos

BerndRos

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Does any one know of a campsite which will be open over the Christmas period in Cornwall. Thinking of spending a few nights away, would prefer one within walking distance of the coast, north or south is ok. Would prefer nice heated facilities as well.

Thanks in anticipation.........

I think Californiaman said everyone he tried down that way was either closed or fully booked.
Was thinking of doing the same, let me know if you find one.

The ones we tried were certainly very busy. Everyone is reporting a big upturn this year.

We stayed here over xmas last year and it was lovely. I would imagine they're open but we didn't want to go two years on the trot.

http://www.coastalfarmholidays.co.uk/

Try padstow touring park. Its open all year don't know what their opening times are over xmas though. Its a decent sized site with plenty of room and a good heated shower block which has individual shower rooms. Have been a couple of times and i'd recommend it.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

If that is the one to the west of Padstow on the hill overlooking the town, it was full a few weeks ago (despite testing there were vacancies on the booking system)

Californiaman said:
If that is the one to the west of Padstow on the hill overlooking the town, it was full a few weeks ago (despite testing there were vacancies on the booking system)

I would say it was to the south of padstow on the main road that goes past tesco. We were there in late October and it was nearly empty then. Web link here : http://www.padstowtouringpark.co.uk/

Ukcampsite comes up with a load of them but none are ones I'd particularly recommend!

Will let you know if I think of any!

Freeley said:
Californiaman said:

I would say it was to the south of padstow on the main road that goes past tesco. We were there in late October and it was nearly empty then. Web link here : http://www.padstowtouringpark.co.uk/

Hi
The other half and I are looking to book in here for the weekend after Christmas for a little sea air. Might see you there :hello

Steve

Managed to book the Padstow one for a few nights.....the one near to St Mawes also had spots free.......

As for campsites....they are all luxurious to me.....!!!......put in the context of that 15 month wild camp thing I did....lol

BerndRos said:
Managed to book the Padstow one for a few nights.....the one near to St Mawes also had spots free.......

As for campsites....they are all luxurious to me.....!!!......put in the context of that 15 month wild camp thing I did....lol

We occasionally use the grandparents in laws field in Rock. 2 mins to the beach but naff all facilities (okay their house is a few mins away but that doesn't count!) so it's "pit" time when we stay there! :lol:

I'll see if I can spot you again!

Kernow.......

Yep, have never been to Padstow so thought it may be worth a look....

Since my return in March have been playing at being a busy Lawyer man.....non stop.....so you can imagine how I am craving for a few Cali nights....sod the cold weather.....it will be fun.....

Well if you're stuck for anything to do, we're just over the river Camel in Polzeath!

Padstow is great out of season - some cracking places to eat (one just gained a Michelin star), some great pubs, lovely walks towards Stepper Point.

Be sure to check out the wild but lovely Constantine Bay, Harlyn is nice, Ricks Steins pub nr St Merryn is pleasant, Wadebridge has a cracking coffee shop (won a big award a while back) called Relish and errmm lots of other stuff to see and do!

We are looking for the same thing, but for a few days over new year. So far struggling to find something nice.

We found this one in St Ives which looked really nice with easy acess to the coast path and a short walk into St Ives, but they have limited availability for new year and want a minimum 4 night booking

https://www.ayrholidaypark.co.uk/

Ideally i wanted to visit a couple of places and tour a bit in Cornwall and then get one or maybe 2 nights for new years eve.

We were at hidden valley in Devon a couple of weekends ago and I think they are open.

http://www.hiddenvalleypark.com/

I was hoping KernowLad would have had a long list of places up his sleeve ;)

Ayr is one of my most favourtist sites ever! Stunning views over St.Ives (weather permitting), excellent toilet block and 5 mins walk into St.Ives tops. Loads of places to eat, the site is also located right on the coast path as you say, just go through a gate and away you go. Love it there :clap Well worth a 4 night stay

Bj; We don't often stay in out if season campsites, particularly now we live almost on a beach but I will have a good think. Heard very good things about Ayr though.

Our idea of a good campsite usually has little to so with facilities. As long as they're clean, we're not fussed and actively avoid the ones with their own games room, cabaret nights, etc. Allabout position and views!

The ones I really like are all shut for the Winter!

You mean you live near the beach? I don't think you have mentioned that before. Do you have a car aswell as your Cali?

We have just returned from Dove Meadows camp site in Marazion. This is our second trip this winter and we love it. Its in a magical location, on the edge of a nature reserve, close to the beach and walking distance to Marazion which has good pubs and restaurants. The owners are very helpful and nothing is too much trouble. Showers and toilets are basic but very clean and well looked after. Definitely recommend a visit - might even be there ourselves for New Year!

That sounds good and a review of their website looks favourable.

Ill give them a call tomorrow. Thanks

Back