Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornwall sites similar to Penhale farm Fowey

Melanie Day

Melanie Day

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 102
We stayed at Penhale farm in Fowey back in June after it was recommended on this site.

Any other germs in Cornwall or Devon that have the same feel as though site?

Stuff to do from the door without moving the van, big pitches with fence dividers and great facilities.

Thanks

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Trewethett Farm Caravan Club Site​

Trethevy, Tintagel, Cornwall, PL34 0BQ

Trust me, you will not be disappointed. If you like walking with a pub at the end and coastal scenes.

Beacon Farm - around the corner from me in St Agnes. Great views, lovely site and walking distance from village/pubs/beach (Chapel Porth)/etc

Beacon Farm - around the corner from me in St Agnes. Great views, lovely site and walking distance from village/pubs/beach (Chapel Porth)/etc
How long is the walk to the beach? We have a 6yr old in tow! Thanks

Ahhhh…it’s 15 mins down a track (see attached pic - beach bottom left, park centre of pic). There’s a cafe at the beach

B00AE6BF-335C-4F5E-A967-F4276FF359C8.png

Croyde North Devon - various campsites literally opposite the beach, life guarded sandy surfing beach, great vibe. (No plot dividers on most sites) Rhuda campsite has lots of facilities
if facilities and plot divisions are priority, try Woolacombe Bay (woolacombe)

both are ideal for a Seven year old

E1818FBD-27E7-471E-8B96-9BBE2BF84B1B.jpeg594BFCE1-1D7D-4B6A-8E6E-0E9EEC92B9FC.jpegE34BA322-F760-4BB7-9E44-F31945A804EC.jpegD436B6AE-DF62-4B44-A875-777009FBB673.jpeg0A55F409-47C2-44C4-BAC7-711B9D7C8C5F.jpeg6C5F956C-FA37-415B-8509-E639C3D5F6B4.jpeg
2CD9C9E8-F040-4C10-8C8D-DA456CAAC77A.png

Last edited:
Croyde North Devon - various campsites literally opposite the beach, life guarded sandy surfing beach, great vibe. (No plot dividers on most sites) Rhuda campsite has lots of facilities
if facilities and plot divisions are priority, try Woolacombe Bay (woolacombe)

both are ideal for a Seven year old
We quite like a plot divide but also like a quiet site / area not too holiday camp. I know that it's difficult to find a site close to a beach that is in a quieter area!

Hence the request on here!

We quite like a plot divide but also like a quiet site / area not too holiday camp. I know that it's difficult to find a site close to a beach that is in a quieter area!

Hence the request on here!

Neither of those locations will suit, I thought you were after a site with on-site activity close to a beach.

Neither of those locations will suit, I thought you were after a site with on-site activity close to a beach.
Thanks, I know it's a difficult balance to get. Key factors are a quietish site with walking distance to beach.

Beacon farm looks like a favourite at the moment.

Also does it have toilet and shower block reading a few reviews and can't decide if it's covid comments or it does or doesn't. Thanks

It’s this site I think. Lovely spot, great views - lovely beach.
St Agnes Beacon Caravan and Motorhome Club Campsite
No washrooms.
Also does it have toilet and shower block reading a few reviews and can't decide if it's covid comments or it does or doesn't. Thanks

That's a shame, but as I thought from C&M club website. I can see a site next door Beacon Farm Holidays which is a smaller independent site ...for the location it might be worth a shot.

That's a shame, but as I thought from C&M club website. I can see a site next door Beacon Farm Holidays which is a smaller independent site ...for the location it might be worth a shot.

We’ve recently returned (cheated and rented a cottage!). The area is lovely and the village of St Agnes has all you need. I would imagine it gets very busy in the summer - even in December the surfers were out in force in Trevaunance Cove. Thinking of your 6 year old it is all quite hilly - but beautiful.

We’ve recently returned (cheated and rented a cottage!). The area is lovely and the village of St Agnes has all you need. I would imagine it gets very busy in the summer - even in December the surfers were out in force in Trevaunance Cove. Thinking of your 6 year old it is all quite hilly - but beautiful.
Thanks his legs are good as long as the end walk includes beach, ice-cream or sweets!

the view campsite is on the top…just over the wall from the Tregurrian caravan club site…but gets the views! Nice site…quiet in June (2019!)

Guess what we ended up back at penhale farm!
First night tonight, home for 7 nights.PXL_20220531_121343054.jpg

Trewethett Farm Caravan Club Site​

Trethevy, Tintagel, Cornwall, PL34 0BQ

Trust me, you will not be disappointed. If you like walking with a pub at the end and coastal scenes.
Essential is a walk up Rocky Valley to St Nectans Glen from Trethevy. One of the most amazing waterfalls you will ever see. And they do a decent cream tea too!