Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cornwall here we come

CaliforniaBen

CaliforniaBen

VIP Member
Tier 3 to Tier 1 as soon as lockdown bis over, anyone know any good campsites that will be open ?

Sadly Kent has just gone into Tier 3, so no overnight stays away from home for us for the foreseeable ☹️.
We stayed at Wooda Farm Holiday Park in August and had a great time. About a 30 minute walk into Bude.

Sadly Kent has just gone into Tier 3, so no overnight stays away from home for us for the foreseeable ☹.
We stayed at Wooda Farm Holiday Park in August and had a great time. About a 30 minute walk into Bude.

You can stay away if you are in a Tier 3 area, it's only guidance not too which makes a mockery of it. I am hoping to bump in to Victor if we go

We've moved from Tier-2 to Tier-3 and will be staying at home as well as not inviting the family for the big day. Zoom, Facetime etc.will be the order. I have a Mother-in-Law who is 83 and rather frail and two sisters one of whom has leukemia and the other a breathing disorder and what with me being an Asthma sufferer, it's just too much of a risk for us. We will all be playing safe this year.

Don’t get too complacent. My sister lives in Cornwall (St Agnes) and tells me it’s definitely around and spreading down there. Emmets could well get a frosty reception (no change there I suppose...).

Why on Earth...

and I'm not being judgemental here....

but why on Earth travel out of a region where you are all in the same boat and will pull together and make something good out of this crisis...

To travel to somewhere to be as warmly greeted as a herpes virus in a brothel?

Bolllox to those who don't want me in their part of the world, hello to the society that I can live and share with, you are the people I will share my money with!

Sussex is Tier 2 although most of our major towns are well below the national average and Worthing, only has 88 cases per 100,000 people.

We were Tier 1 before lockdown, now Tier 2.

No logic to the tiers. More people are dying from the flu now. Worthing/Chichester hospital are not over run either.

Personally I believe the government cannot admit it has cocked up the whole thing so we are doomed to go in and out of Tiers ad infinitum. Same with masks.

More people are dying from the flu now.
Thursday's official weekly PHE report states that there were three flu cases (not deaths) detected in the UK for the seven-day period it covers.

The full report is here (see page 2), via the gov.uk page here. A description of the data source can be found here - it's been used to monitor viral respiratory infections included flu in the UK since 2009.

There is a nice explanation of a misleading recent Facebook post here:

Why on Earth...

and I'm not being judgemental here....

but why on Earth travel out of a region where you are all in the same boat and will pull together and make something good out of this crisis...

To travel to somewhere to be as warmly greeted as a herpes virus in a brothel?

Bolllox to those who don't want me in their part of the world, hello to the society that I can live and share with, you are the people I will share my money with!
Here!Here !!if you’re in a Tier 3 you have to abide by Tier 3 restrictions if you travel into a lower tier. Anyone who travels from a 3 to a1 to stay overnight is b....y irresponsible and selfish!

Tier 3 to Tier 1 as soon as lockdown bis over, anyone know any good campsites that will be open ?
This is the reason we’ve all been in lockdown 2 for the last 4 weeks! Why undo all of the hard work and the sacrifices that people have made both personally and financially?
It’s actually very clear - if you’re in a Tier 3 area then you should not travel. I live in Cornwall and I have been stopped during both lockdowns (in my California) whilst travelling to work and I hope this will continue post lockdown. I would think very carefully if you decide to travel down and be prepared for a long trip back if you get stopped!
See extract from gov.uk:
  • avoid travelling to other parts of the UK, including for overnight stays other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities. You can travel through other areas as part of a longer journey

My daughter and her partner bought a house in Cornwall months ago (he’s in RAF). She didn’t move down until July at the first opportunity. We haven’t been able to go and see her due to various lockdowns and Tiers in Wales / England. She is desperate for all her winter clothes and remainder of her belongings. It’s been a nightmare as we try to adhere to the rules. And we now feel awful to load the Cali (perfect loader) and head to Cornwall. But we’re going to go for a day next Saturday. 600 mile round trip. And now welsh government about to announce new rules on Monday to start next Friday. We’re doomed!!

You’ll be very welcome buddy. Or should that be welcomed. Not sure. Anyway, good sport for the locals :thumb.

Thursday's official weekly PHE report states that there were three flu cases (not deaths) detected in the UK for the seven-day period it covers.

The full report is here (see page 2), via the gov.uk page here. A description of the data source can be found here - it's been used to monitor viral respiratory infections included flu in the UK since 2009.

There is a nice explanation of a misleading recent Facebook post here:
Thanks for the info.

Have I missed something in the announcements?

We are going to be going in to Tier 3 in Leicestershire, which I understood meant that I couldn’t go on holiday, ie stay away from my home unless it is for work?

What is not clear in the messaging? Are the tier rules not enforceable by law?

MPs have been told that rural areas with low infection rates could be “decoupled” from cities that have “unfairly” dragged them into Tiers 2 and 3 under the Government’s regional approach.

It comes amid a major rift between ministers and scientific advisers, who say areas of England are more likely to go up a tier than down one.

Government scientists have said they expect few changes within the system in coming months, with Tier 2 areas far more likely to go up than down and almost nowhere likely to get to Tier 1 until March. Scientists are understood to have told Boris Johnson that he should consider moving Tier 2 areas to Tier 3.

The draconian advice comes despite new figures showing the reproduction or ‘R’ rate of the virus to have come down to between 0.9 and 1.0 – its lowest level since August – meaning Covid could already be in retreat.

MPs have been told that rural areas with low infection rates could be “decoupled” from cities that have “unfairly” dragged them into Tiers 2 and 3 under the Government’s regional approach.

It comes amid a major rift between ministers and scientific advisers, who say areas of England are more likely to go up a tier than down one.

Government scientists have said they expect few changes within the system in coming months, with Tier 2 areas far more likely to go up than down and almost nowhere likely to get to Tier 1 until March. Scientists are understood to have told Boris Johnson that he should consider moving Tier 2 areas to Tier 3.

The draconian advice comes despite new figures showing the reproduction or ‘R’ rate of the virus to have come down to between 0.9 and 1.0 – its lowest level since August – meaning Covid could already be in retreat.
And?
Nothing wrong with the science, and don’t worry, people will prove the scientists right over the next few weeks.

strange how apparently everyone went to cornwall in summer. including me. from the filthy germ ridden yorkshire area,and still the virus doesn't seem to have travelled there. i can only assume that the virus also thinks that the cornwall locals are a bunch of selfish wan*ers and decided to go elsewhere
everyone still alive from the looe meet ?

strange how apparently everyone went to cornwall in summer. including me. from the filthy germ ridden yorkshire area,and still the virus doesn't seem to have travelled there. i can only assume that the virus also thinks that the cornwall locals are a bunch of selfish wan*ers and decided to go elsewhere
Hey, less of the selfish.

everyone needs to follow the rules to minimise the spread of the virus. Yes the rules could be open to some (!) interpretation. Yes it’s hugely frustrating. Yes we are all keen to get out, travel, meet people and enjoy ourselves.....but we can’t - yet.

the basics are set out, don’t travel unless you need to.

Not correct for tier 1 and tier 2. We have had to cancel both our holidays as one is this week so still in Lockdown lite and the other is in tier 3 but in the middle of no where.

As a result we have amended the location to a tier 2 (so tier 2 to tier 2, but we could have gone to a tier 1) as the guidance allows it. You're correct, the bascis are set out. We cant stay in a tier 3 other than where necessary.......see below. However Tier 1 and 2 you can.

• you can continue to travel to venues or amenities which are open, but should aim to reduce the number of journeys you make where possible
  • if you live in a tier 2 area, you must continue to follow tier 2 rules when you travel to a tier 1 area. Avoid travel to or overnight stays in tier 3 areas other than where necessary, such as for work, education, youth services, to receive medical treatment, or because of caring responsibilities.You can travel through a tier 3 area as a part of a longer journey

I was thinking about this as Cornwall is Tier 1 right? So I came to my own very unscientific conclusion that tourism, going to restaurants and pubs isn't the main cause of the virus to spread...

We can and we no doubt will continue to argue about the levels, the tiers, the R number, the rules and what is and what isn't law. None of that matters. What matters is that right now there is enough virus around to take advantage of contact between us. So, very simple, if you can live without travelling about and bumping into different people, don't do it!