Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Control panel questions

andyinluton

andyinluton

Super Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
Having read the questions about whether the control panel needs to be turned on in order for leisure batteries to charge, & people suggesting leaving it off to preserve the display, it has set me wondering whether my panel is working correctly.

1. If I turn the panel on with the display for example showing charging state of the batteries the panel turns itself off after about 15 seconds. Whatever I do I don't seem to be able to get the display to stay on for more than that whilst driving.

2. When using the control knob to select from the menu if I've got one line of text say "Raise roof" highlighted and I want to actually select the adjacent line of "lower Roof" it is impossible to turn the control knob by a small enough amount to go to the next line, it normally jumps in steps of two or three lines at a time so I have to scroll round a few times until almost by chance it lands on the right line.

This is on a august 2014 van.

Engine running, vehicle moving, the control panel display reverts to status readout. It should click one menu item at a time. It's not right. Return to the dealer.

Agree faulty, we can easily select adjacent lines. The screen dims after a minute but stays on. This on a June '14 van.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back