Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Comfort insurance online quote

burko73

burko73

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just done the online quote from comfort. Favourable £349 quote but the site wanted very little info compared to most other websites. Didn't ask for reg no or make/ model etc and didn't ask about NBC etc...

Anyone got experience of the online quote vs a phone quote...

I thought this when I insured with them last year I rang them in the end to make sure
They new what vehicle it was they dont count ncb or didn't
When I started with them :thumb

It does ask for a little more info when you buy but I spoke to them in the end as I couldnt find the Cally in the list of motorhomes.

I just got a call from Comfort. Good customer service etc. Unlimited mileage and usual stuff was £349/ yr. She said that seemed high for a camper and most customers were around 6000 miles and offered 220/ yr for 6K miles. At only £30/ month for unlimited I think i'll just go for that.

I asked about the 36 hr thing - it applies abroad and she said if leaving at an airport then just tell the underwriters. It's ok at hotels etc as you are still "with" the vehicle.

I can't see it being an issue for me so will prob go for it.

R

I'm insured with comfort. Before taking out the insurance I was worried about the 36h thing, I did a lot of investigation and in the end I was told it also applys to the UK as well, in fact anywhere away from the registered address.

I've just gone with them in the end. Very competitive quote and good on the phone. I can live with the 36 hr rule.

Agree with all! Very useful input, thanks. One other point I discovered when they called me to follow up my quote (£257) was that in the case of a new vehicle they (or rather Aviva) would replace it with a new one if written off in the first 12 months & under 12k miles.

Just had my renewal from comfort. Year 1 £235 year 2 £248 this year £257. With 8000 miles
Now that's what I call a good deal :thumb

:D phoned for a quote , new sand beige 140 , comfort 225to 257 depending on yrly mileage. Good quote.... Just need Cali , left factory 2weeks ago.

I found comfort brilliant.

Easy online quote procedure, reality turned out to be true as quoted, currently unlimited mileage, 2 named drivers, £350. good to deal with, very helpful,

understood my concern over the 36 hour thing .. I did explain that encroaching senility does mean it can sometimes take me 36 hours to remember where I had parked the thing ... :oops:

Hi, I'm just at insurance renewal stage for my one year old Cali.

I'm currently with Equity Red Star via C&C Club with existing premium of £325 for 5-8k miles and protected 9+yrs NCD (NB - I have just payed additional £20 premium as I've actually done nearly 11k miles). ERS new quote is £325 again including upped mileage to 10-15k miles.

Other quotes are slightly more but also offer more:

Safeguard £368 - 12000 miles, protected NCB, breakdown cover abroad, 2yrs new for old, 365 days European cover.

Comfort £360 - unlimited miles, 2yrs new for old, 365 days European cover. (As this was online quote, I still need to talk to them on phone to verify everything, as protected NCD was not mentioned)

HOWEVER, I phoned Coast (underwritten by Zurich) and they quoted me £196 for 12000k, 90 days single trip European cover (which is OK for me). I'm awaiting quote in post, they don't do online for 'motorhomes'. Regarding protected NCD, they automatically offer 65% discount but would keep records to pass on to new insurer in future. So, is this too good to be true? Any advice on Coast welcome.

I just called Comfort for a quote for my new California and am agreeably surprised - £231.20 fully comp + full legal cover, that was on a basis of 6,000miles a year.

Also very impressed with the service I received. Compare this with the painful time I had renewing my car insurance with Lloyds and it was a real pleasure.

Martyn