Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Collected Yesterday

Nick Stubbs

Nick Stubbs

The Rodent.
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Picked up our new to us Cali yesterday, collected in Yorkshire and driven back to its new home in Derbyshire, so far so good, very impressed with the drive. Having had 20 odd years of travelling with a Landrover and a roof tent as far south as Africa and North to Iceland with a fair chunk of Europe in-between we are feeing l its time to stop climbing around on roofs so we bit the bullet in purchased this, so long may our travelling continue with a little more comfort and the ability to just get in and go. Having hired a couple of conversions we come to the conclusion that the California was the way to go, All the bits and pieces fit and work without any compromise although I think it may be fair to say some of the catches and brackets are a little on the fragile side. Great forum by the way and while I am here anyone know if spare parts are available for the chairs as we have one chair which has a bolt and spacer missing, worst case I can make something. Thanks in advance.

Nick & Sue.

:welcome aboard sorry I can't help you with spare parts for the chairs but I'm sure somebody will be along to guide you in the right direction, I know you used to be able to order them from the factory who manufactures the chairs and tables for VW.

PS. doubt forget the photos of the van :thumb

Nick. Just out of interest when did you order and what was it’s build week if you don’t mind me asking. I ordered in May and have been told it’s likely to be Christmas not September as originally forecast due to WLTP.

Welcome to the forum I am sure it will beat the landi for traveling.

Nick. Just out of interest when did you order and what was it’s build week if you don’t mind me asking. I ordered in May and have been told it’s likely to be Christmas not September as originally forecast due to WLTP.

The way i read his post it's a 2nd hand ;)

They used to sell spare parts for the campingseats in the clubshop , not sure if they are still availeble .
@Vale46 might have some on the shelf ....

Enjoy Nick & Sue.

Have lots of fun x

Got it. Thanks. Grasping at straws while waiting for delivery!

:welcome Congratulations on the Cali! :thumb

As Hotel says, I seem to recall seeing those spares in the club shop.

Hi Thomas, its not new, 12 months old, not been slept in, was told by Leicester VW 6 months for a new one but this came up, private sale almost what I would have ordered.

:welcome Congratulations on the Cali! :thumb

As Hotel says, I seem to recall seeing those spares in the club shop.
Have looked but can't see them.
Welcome to the forum I am sure it will beat the landi for traveling.
Horses for courses I don't think there is a perfect solution, did a lot of camping off the beaten track with the Landy and not had any issues with them either..

Hi Nick, welcome aboard. We moved from travelling around Europe in a Landrover and Oztent which we used for years to a Cali 4 years ago. Although we have no regrets we do still reminisce about the landy and Oztent.

Thanks for all the positive comments I am sure we will enjoy.

You could always try the chair under warranty, in theory it is covered after all.

Back