Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast of Ireland (incl. Wild Atlantic Way)

Trail Planner

Trail Planner

Vehicle
T4 PopTop
Just superb VW touring, highly recommended.

+ Excellent campsites, next to the beach
+ Driving on quiet roads
+ Seafood
+ Beaches, and yet more beaches
+ Pubs and music

- further than you think, tiring to drive
- Euroland so can be expensive
- weather can be exhilarating (it is not called the Wild Atlantic Way for nothing)

We're doing some of this next month taking the counter clockwise route from Dublin via Belfast . I'm booked up for the North, but I'd be interested to hear of any recommended campsites from Sligo via Westport to Galway.
Are you going to the Slimbridge meet?

We're doing some of this next month taking the counter clockwise route from Dublin via Belfast . I'm booked up for the North, but I'd be interested to hear of any recommended campsites from Sligo via Westport to Galway.
Do post your route as we are planning on Ireland next year and looking for ideas :thumb

We were just in Ballyshannon/Bundoran/Mullaghmore at the weekend. Make sure you take the Mullaghmore spur as the scenery is stunning. We stayed at Lakeside in Ballyshannon (it's an hour from where we live, we thought we'd go local for our first trip). The campsite in Ballyshannon was in a good location next to the reservoir, with a short 10-15 minute walk into the town. The facilities were a bit basic for the price, but OK. Hoping to tour more of the wild atlantic way over the summer!

Unlikely to be at Slimbridge, but notes on where we stayed:
- Westport: Good site near to town but short-cut path closes too early, so long walk back if you have a night out listening to the excellent music
- Campsite north of Ballina is great
- Campsite on Achill (Doogort) is basic but lovely beach
- Eco campsite to the west of Clifden is popular, again stunning beach
- Gurteen Bay near Roundstone is basic but stunning views and the walk around the Tombola beach is memorable (Connemara is wonderful).

A copy of the Green/Blue guide has these listed.
Enjoy.

Thanks for the tips. Definitely visiting Westport and probably Achill too.

Great reading and thanks for the tips on where to stay. I am just starting my campervan oddessy and looking forward to staying in some of these stunning places around Ireland.

May 2019.........hmmmmmm. Might be waiting a while for a reply!