Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Coast 6.1

mcQ

mcQ

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
Hello just got a grey silver coast , enjoy reading articles here have been to Donegal on first trip great job the only thing i got was carpet on front , bike rack , lead for charging when in Park probably get new tyres in September as the ones are a bit basic any how keep er between the hedges cheers Mark .

Hello just got a grey silver coast , enjoy reading articles here have been to Donegal on first trip great job the only thing i got was carpet on front , bike rack , lead for charging when in Park probably get new tyres in September as the ones are a bit basic any how keep er between the hedges cheers Mark .
Welcome on board Mark. Let's see some pics of your van. Enjoy the Cali.

hi Kurienp many thanks having probs opening up files but pictures will come Cheers .

Hi - just wondered how you were finding your Coast - I am awaiting test drive to then order - there dont seem to be many people on the forum ordering the coast most going for the Ocean so keen to know more, if theres any other extras you wish youd gone for etc.

Hi - just wondered how you were finding your Coast - I am awaiting test drive to then order - there dont seem to be many people on the forum ordering the coast most going for the Ocean so keen to know more, if theres any other extras you wish youd gone for etc.

Hi Jenny, can I ask where you have managed to secure a test drive of a Coast. I'm struggling to find anything in Kent. How far over the river will I need to drive to find a dealer that can help me with that?
Many thanks

Hi Stuart, I know it is a problem! Im waiting for Loughton VW to get one in but meanwhile am going to drive their Ocean & then maybe just put my order in from that. I rang Breeze Poole & they even didnt have one nor Robinsons Norwich or Peterborough - will let you know if I find one!!

Hi Stuart, I know it is a problem! Im waiting for Loughton VW to get one in but meanwhile am going to drive their Ocean & then maybe just put my order in from that. I rang Breeze Poole & they even didnt have one nor Robinsons Norwich or Peterborough - will let you know if I find one!!
Thanks so much for that Jenny. I reached out to VW over social media in a bid to find one and they were really poor. Not sure they understood the difference between the 2 models tbh. They told me that Loughton had an Ocean demonstrator, but due to C19 they couldn't offer a test drive. So really interesting to here that they have offered you one. Thank you and best of luck

Stuart

Loughton have told me their Ocean is awaiting registration so I might not get to test drive this Saturday but am passing by so checking out - the one I hired was a VW conversion so be interesting to compare but think Im going to opt for the Coast to keep costs in check! Loughton said their Coast is on the way - somewhere! All a bit odd but then so is much of life at the minute!!

Brilliant - we are in such a similar place. Hired a manual T6 conversion last year. So not brave enough to commit without a driving the DSG. And I really want to see inside the Coast before I commit. Its obviously going to be darker due to the canvas missing the front window. Is that why they went for the different colour on the units, I wonder? So I really wanted to see a Coast in the flesh to check a) I am happy with the internal colour and b) do I need to sepc the bellows option for more light. I'll be interested to hear how things progress for you as it sounds like we are looking for similar, with similar rationale. Thank you.

Yes I know exactly what you mean as its an awful lot of money without seeing it in the flesh first!
The panaromic front window is a definite on my options list - I actually prefer the brushed oak cupboards to the graphite grey but again would like to see both - the only other option is sourcing an older model to see what the lighter cupboards are like - Ipswich garage (not VW) currently have a 2012 SE with them.
Then theres the colour!! As much as I love the look of the two tones, it will be me my main vehicle & I will feel far too out there so having popped to the VW Chelmsford to check out colours on Vans Im set on Mojave Beige.
I will let you know how I get on Saturday.

Hi both. Did either of you manage to see/drive a Coast?

Yes thank you. Guilford had a demonstrator that I was able to test drive unaccompanied and spend plenty of time with. It wasn't the prettiest of examples but helped lots with the research.

Great. Will give them a call in the morning

Thanks

Did you order?

I sympathise. We've dithered for 2 years so now an Ocean is too pricey really for us.

Yes I test drove the Coast at Guildford too.
What was nice as well was having the Coast & Ocean alongside to compare the 2 as they had a customers awaiting collection.
I really like the Coast, just as well as Ive ordered one but not sure I will get it & pay the 10% duty!
I like the fact it has a manual roof, manual door, normal dashboard - I dont want an overly complicated drive/van but want more camping comforts of which the Coast & Ocean are I believe identical.
For me I had to have the open front bellows & vinyl floor.
I actually prefer the look of the oak cupboards & seats, & not at all interested in the all singing all dancing gadgetry & chrome bits which I think is more of a boy thing!!

Yes I test drove the Coast at Guildford too.
What was nice as well was having the Coast & Ocean alongside to compare the 2 as they had a customers awaiting collection.
I really like the Coast, just as well as Ive ordered one but not sure I will get it & pay the 10% duty!
I like the fact it has a manual roof, manual door, normal dashboard - I dont want an overly complicated drive/van but want more camping comforts of which the Coast & Ocean are I believe identical.
For me I had to have the open front bellows & vinyl floor.
I actually prefer the look of the oak cupboards & seats, & not at all interested in the all singing all dancing gadgetry & chrome bits which I think is more of a boy thing!!
Thats good to hear. We're about to order hopefully and feel similarly. We also used to have a 2008 T5 so a Coast would still feel like an upgrade. I think the Oceans are amazing but I can't justify the 8.5k difference (on our spec).

Thats good to hear. We're about to order hopefully and feel similarly. We also used to have a 2008 T5 so a Coast would still feel like an upgrade. I think the Oceans are amazing but I can't justify the 8.5k difference (on our spec).
That was exactly my thinking too - Im finding it hard enough to justify any purchase at the moment let alone such a big one - have fun on your test drive.

That was exactly my thinking too - Im finding it hard enough to justify any purchase at the moment let alone such a big one - have fun on your test drive.
Thank you

Back