Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cleaning the inside of your van?

R

RainGodandThor

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I’m picking up our new Ocean tomorrow and I’m just wondering which cleaning products are safe on the van surfaces and easy to stash in a drawer or cupboard without spilling?

I‘ve damaged the surface on our home shower and kitchen taps by using a product that was a bit too aggressive so I’m nervous about making a mistake.

I’m picking up our new Ocean tomorrow and I’m just wondering which cleaning products are safe on the van surfaces and easy to stash in a drawer or cupboard without spilling?

I‘ve damaged the surface on our home shower and kitchen taps by using a product that was a bit too aggressive so I’m nervous about making a mistake.
A kitchen cleaner without abrasive or bleach. Nothing aggressive. There’s not that many surfaces to clean. Glass tops we covered because they scratch easily and with the glass protector on they look amazing and really hard wearing. Bit of spray polish here and there. Or just a damp cloth gets most of the dirt and dust off.

Ecover spray cleaner for all hard services.

A microfibre cloth is a wondrous bit of kit - doesn't need to be an expensive one. Then you can clean with just water and the cloth, so no worries about scratching metal or glass surfaces in the kitchen. But tbh - I went to Lidl and bought a cheap packet of floor wipes for the floor and antibac wipes for everything else. Plus, they were selling a great little rubber dustpan and brush set earlier this year - does a fabulous job and a fraction of the price of the posh one a lot of members were recommending! Haven't gone far wrong yet! Even when the 4 yr old threw up everywhere in the back - came out sparkling thanks to Lidl!

Like others, we use Supermarket antibacterial wipes and micro fibre cloths for cleaning. We also have a dustpan and brush for sweeping out and we keep an old mini Dyson in the van, in the gap next to the drawer under the rear seat (we’ve taken the blanking plate off to allow access).

We just use standard anti-bacterial spray cleaner in the kitchen area and fridge, and an AutoGlym interior plastics and rubber spray cleaner for the ‘car’ bits, trim etc., including the pop top shutter runners to keep it running easily, and door seals to keep them supple. We keep the cleaning materials in a tray on one of the rear cupboard shelves along with dishwash, cloths etc.