Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Christmas dinner ideas anyone?

potem

potem

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
Hello all. Just a quick note to say I am now joining you. Cali ordered with a provisional build date of week 44.. Given time for delivery etc that would make it possible (with a bit of luck) that I will be able to eat my Christmas dinner in style a day or so after delivery. Has anyone any ideas beyond Pot Noodles and chilled wine which a novice could manage in what will be a first attempt at cooking on the stove?
(Many thanks to Granny Jen for the tip on disposable plates - (biodegradable, of course) - now on order with a delivery date of tomorrow. I didn't order proper VW plates in case their build date was 2019!)

Hello all. Just a quick note to say I am now joining you. Cali ordered with a provisional build date of week 44.. Given time for delivery etc that would make it possible (with a bit of luck) that I will be able to eat my Christmas dinner in style a day or so after delivery. Has anyone any ideas beyond Pot Noodles and chilled wine which a novice could manage in what will be a first attempt at cooking on the stove?
(Many thanks to Granny Jen for the tip on disposable plates - (biodegradable, of course) - now on order with a delivery date of tomorrow. I didn't order proper VW plates in case their build date was 2019!)
Lobster Thermidor is a Christmas cali family favourite our ours - with roast trimmings of course

No Christmas dinner suggestions...

...But you could rig up a display of 2,500 fairy lights run off the leisure batteries (using the 150W inverter circuit, and assuming Homebase fairy lights at 0.06W rating). Or about 41,000 lights if on hook-up.

Congrats on your new Cali. :bananadance

image.jpeg Our first Christmas dinner in 2014 was a simple sirloin steak and salad with mince pies and custard for afters.

We have a drive away awning so Christmas 2015 was a bit more elaborate. We fired up the Cobb barbecue as our oven. The wife pre-cooked a chicken breast roast at home so it was simple to reheat but we cooked roast potatoes and pigs in blankets too. On the stove we cooked the carrots, broccoli and sprouts.

For afters she had made giant mince pies so while we were eating the main meal, these were heating up in the Cobb. Served with hot custard.

All washed down with a drop of Cider (us coming from cider country).

Back