Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Checking in at Ancona

wyn

wyn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Has anyone here taken a ferry from Ancona?
Have been looking at the instructions for check in and boarding which seem to take place at separate locations. Is it possible to check in early and then leave the van at the terminal long enough to visit Ancona/have a meal before proceeding to the boarding area?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Sorry but not been on that ferry but just had a look on google maps, I've got to ask where are you going?

Sorry but not been on that ferry but just had a look on google maps, I've got to ask where are you going?
We will be taking an overnight ferry to Split at the start of a three week trip to Croatia next May. From Split we aim to travel to Dubrovnik via the ferry from Split to Vela Luka on Korcula, then to head North along the coast including some island-hopping all the way to the Slovenian border.

Sounds fantastic , let us know how you get on.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the boarding in Ancona. However been twice in Croatia and drove twice from Austria/Germany to the coast. Look forward to your report/impressions about travelling in these countries in spring.

Just an update regarding check in and boarding arrangements at Ancona. In the event we didnt leave enough time to do anything between check in and boarding. The port terminal where check in takes place is well signposted and located to the west of the main port area where boarding takes place.
The building is similar in layout to a small airport terminal with seperate windows for each ferry company.
On showing booking confirmation and passports we were given vehicle and boarding passes and told to proceed to the dock entrance. There are several entrances but they are well signposted.
On arrival at the dock entrance our boarding passes and passports were checked once again and then we were sent directly to the ferry which was ready for boarding. All in all an easy enough arrangement but the ferry was fairly empty. I suspect there would have been more queing involved at busier times.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk