Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap mobile data abroad

chockswahay

chockswahay

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
I know there have been a few threads on the subject recently but I can’t find them….

Tesco do a good deal for Brits….. you can buy a one month SIM card with 25GB of data that can all be used abroad for £12.50. We actually use GiffGaff but it’s worth a punt just for the data allowance alone. We used one in France last September and it was great, we just put it in a spare phone and tethered to it with our normal phone. We will be sailing (I do mean sailing and not campervaning) down the East coast of Eire in a few weeks time so I will top up the card just for that :thumb

Just mentioning this in case it helps anyone with their ‘data dilemma’ :)

We use the Vodafone 40GB for 4 quid a month data only sim. Goes in the LTE unit that came with our dash cam but also serves as in car wifi for data use abroad at no extra cost. I think it’s called V-SIM and just checked, a tenner to buy on Amazon. They are data only dumb sims though.

We've been using SMARTY for a couple of years:
Data only sim in a mobile wifi dongle, only ever used in France, but has been really reliable. We generally get the 15gb plan for £9, which lasts for a month, no recurring fee, but they have a 12gb fair use roaming policy.

Back