Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap MiFi Solution

S

Stu

Guest User
If there are any of you out there thinking of a MiFi or WiFi Hotspot in your vans then this may be useful to you.

Huawei E586 + Currys

Bascially you buy this device at a vastly reduced price of £29.99 on a 30 day rolling contract and then immediately phone Three and cancel the contract which you are perfectly within your rights to do.

I bought one on Sunday and phoned this morning. I won't try to kid you and say it was a walk in the park as they tried to offer me the same monthly charge but with 3 x the monthly data allowance as well as iPad's and other tablets but if you're persistent you'll be fine.

They did try to tell me that I had to pay the first month at £16 however I stuck to my guns saying that instore they tell you the first month is included, they called the store who did confirm.

I've had an E585 for years and it's been faultless and use Three PAYG SIM valid for 3GB or 90 Days bought from here or here

Key White MiFi features:

New white design
Charging cradle
21.1 Mbps technical standard Download (HSPA+ )
5.76 Mbps technical standard Uplink (HSPA+)
Internal Memory slot for micro SD card that supports up to 32GB
Approximately 4.5 hours battery life

If Three isn't your bag then an unlock can be bought here for £9.95 or on eBay for around £6.

Great tip Stu I'll be trying that little trick out!

...but you mean you didn't choose the £700 VW factory item :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My recent experience of trying to cancel anything with 3 is appalling . 10 phone calls ,money removed from my account after cancellation period and them telling me mutiple different stories about cancellation periods . Be warned 3 customer service is the worst I've had in years.

However the principle of what Stu is saying is spot on.

Yes cancellation wasn't as straight forward as it should be, they were persistent in offering more GB for the price however I was more persistent :lol:

I doubt it's much different with any of the others, they are all sharks. :censor

Back