Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap Hotels Near Calais

BMVS-Camper-Hire

BMVS-Camper-Hire

Camperhire
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
Hello All

We are off to Annecy in August. We are splitting our joureny into two now, as we are towing a boat, and restricted speed wise! We are planning to get into france late afternoon and stay in a cheap hotel in Calais or an hour into our journey southwards. The the following day get up and complete the 500 mile route in one go.

I am after hotel suggestions? The only one that Ive found, that Ive seen when I been in europe on my travels, is Formule 1 - are they any good?

Any help, much appreciated

Hi Oli,

We stayed here last year on our way back from the Alps , it is about 20mins from the port, we stayed here as as there was a good vet in the village close by for the pet passport ,the hotel has a nice big car park and was very clean probably better than the chain hotels and probably more secure for your RIB.

http://www.hotel-bal.com/

Thanks Martin

That looks perfect, I am contacting them as we speak

:thumb

Hi

I've stayed in quite a few Formule 1 hotels and they are great value for money :thumb

What you get is a clean very basic room which can sleep up to 3 people and the wash room is separate but on the same floor

They are great if you just need somewhere to get your head down and a wash in the morning. They do not do food they only have vending machines but this is reflected in the price

I am not sure that you can reserve Formule 1 hotels outside of France - I know when I went last you couldn't but its not a problem.

Another hotel chain on a similar vein is Etap hotels which are a bargain too :grin:

Mark

Thanks for the replies Gents. I have actually booked the one that Martin sent over, as we have one room for all the family

:thumb

Back