Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Cheap Channel Crossings

Aidy P

Aidy P

Don't play that 'What If?' game, you'll never win!
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
If anyone has any links to cheap Channel crossings (ferries or Eurotunnel) I would appreciate them please. I'm planning a couple of trips this year. Thanks.

www.aferry.com. Compares the various options in a given timeframe of crossing, so you can choose the cheapest option around that given time. Never found cheaper options.

I been looking a few days to book a Xsing to come to the june meet ....
DFDS seems cheapest , used it two years ago also to come to COTF 2014
Think i am booking one of these days at DFDS

DFDS's online site offered me an attractive return price to Calais, but on completion of the online form the price had been hiked.

If you are a Caravan Club member book through them. I booked within 30 mins of the DFDS fiasco, and got a brilliant price with my preferred crossing times in August, with guess who DFDS!!

By the way I think DFDS do offer a very good surface - shame that my experience left me with an unsatisfactory feeling.

I booked at DFDS website Newhaven to Dieppe for van and 5 people in June (returning July) for £195 and afternoon sailings too. You can find crossings from £150, but they're overnight

We used the tunnel last year. If use shop at Tesco you can use club card points. £178 for van and 5 of us became £18 with points! Don't get so may points any more now there is a price war with Aldi lidl etc though.

As I'm planning a four day trip to the Alps the tunnel would save time. Can't seem to get a flexible return option though?!

Ok a tunnel query??
If I select campervan I can't get a short stay flexiplus booking...but I can if I opt for the larger car option?! Why is this?

Ok a tunnel query??
If I select campervan I can't get a short stay flexiplus booking...but I can if I opt for the larger car option?! Why is this?
I think you can change your crossing with Eurotunnel FOC over the telephone if you give them 24hrs? notice. So if you book single/long stay ticket with your preferred outward booking and a best guess return then change the return when you are sure of the required date / time.
Check their small print but I believe the above is correct.

Rod

Ive just booked Tunnel for one night away paris later this month - £ 74.00 return - cant say fairer than that

I phoned Euro Tunnel up today and apparently they simply won't give flexi plus bookings to campervan owners. Something to do with the height of the vehicle and not fitting in the lounge. They said that I can turn up two hours earlier or later and then if there's availability I can get on without penalty. Is this others experience please?

Been looking for a few weeks and always the same prices at DFDS
2 persons
1dog(18 euro one way)
Can go cheaper until 45euro one way instead 50 but at 4am!???!!
Like to go up in evening drive 20 min to Dover Patrol Memorial for sleepover and head in to UK the morning afther...
And back same thing arriving late at DPM and ferry in the morning.

Duinkerken - Dover
woensdag juni 15, 2016 at 22:00
2 volwassenen
Economy € 50,00
Auto - max. 2.35m x 6m
Hond€18,00

Dover - Duinkerken
woensdag juni 29, 2016 at 10:00
2 volwassenen
Economy € 53,00
Auto - max. 2.35m x 6m
Hond€18,00
€139,00

Think i go for this within' one of the next days....

I phoned Euro Tunnel up today and apparently they simply won't give flexi plus bookings to campervan owners. Something to do with the height of the vehicle and not fitting in the lounge. They said that I can turn up two hours earlier or later and then if there's availability I can get on without penalty. Is this others experience please?
Yes. Has happened every time .
You can also, I believe, re-arrange your booking on-line within 24hrs of planned crossing at no charge, if there is room and it is the same price period. If more expensive crossing then you have to pay the extra.

Been looking for a few weeks and always the same prices at DFDS
2 persons
1dog(18 euro one way)
Can go cheaper until 45euro one way instead 50 but at 4am!???!!
Like to go up in evening drive 20 min to Dover Patrol Memorial for sleepover and head in to UK the morning afther...
And back same thing arriving late at DPM and ferry in the morning.

Duinkerken - Dover
woensdag juni 15, 2016 at 22:00
2 volwassenen
Economy € 50,00
Auto - max. 2.35m x 6m
Hond€18,00

Dover - Duinkerken
woensdag juni 29, 2016 at 10:00
2 volwassenen
Economy € 53,00
Auto - max. 2.35m x 6m
Hond€18,00
€139,00

Think i go for this within' one of the next days....

So booked just now , changed the deaprture details a bit and there was a 15% discount on todays booking !
Tryed every day the last weeks to simulate , giving me 15 euro profit.
Seems not much , but it is the half of the booking fee on the june meet so will go and book thatone ASAP!
The Hotel California is coming to the UK......:cool:

If anyone has any links to cheap Channel crossings (ferries or Eurotunnel) I would appreciate them please. I'm planning a couple of trips this year. Thanks.
I found the best price was with Eurotunnel's frequent traveller programme. Book of 10 tickets cost £400. One can share out those tickets with ONE other named traveller and this cannot be changed. Travel after 4pm or before 6am. Valid for 365 days. We normally travelled after 4pm and spent the night near Abbeville , about 45 min from the tunnel. I am getting ready to repeat it again in March.

Back