Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Charging while engine running

I

icic

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
When the engine Is running can you use the output on the wall with an adaptor with electrical applIances so it bypasses the leisure batteries ? If so can you then run bigger electrical items if the engine is running such as kettles and vacuums that does not drain the leisure batteries. Just trying to understand how the electrics work. I ask as would like to use a vacuum without flattening the batteries

When the engine Is running can you use the output on the wall with an adaptor with electrical applIances so it bypasses the leisure batteries ? If so can you then run bigger electrical items if the engine is running such as kettles and vacuums that does not drain the leisure batteries. Just trying to understand how the electrics work. I ask as would like to use a vacuum without flattening the batteries
Which outlet are you referring to?

Best option would be to use a cordless vacuum.

Which outlet are you referring to?
doesn’t matter, the answer will still be no.
outlet of 150w inverter? No
outlet on the kitchen unit? Non connected to anything other than the external ehu plug, so no .
of course I am not explaining that to you WG...

doesn’t matter, the answer will still be no.
outlet of 150w inverter? No
outlet on the kitchen unit? Non connected to anything other than the external ehu plug, so no .
of course I am not explaining that to you WG...
It was more 12v or Mains, or something in between .
I have a mains rechargeable vacuum that will recharge via the Inverter.
I’ve given up on that and just use a stiff brush when camping now.

The inverter, so a kettle will not work with engine running ? As the max is 150 watts ?
Correct.
I would suggest just getting a gas kettle. It is the most cost effective way.
If you want a vacuum - there are 12v vacuum cleaners but they are generally next to useless. A rechargeable cleaner, charged at home or on mains hookup is possible but a stiff brush works just as well and leave the vacuuming until you get home.

What do people actually use the inverter socket for? Struggling to think of a use that I can't just use with a USB/12v.

What do people actually use the inverter socket for? Struggling to think of a use that I can't just use with a USB/12v.
This. No need of Mosquito nets etc. All flying insects gone. Plugs straight in.

8816C7AF-7F4C-4ECC-AC57-2D4913CF4845.jpeg

Charging my DAB radio and running a TV .
Have made a lead for just such.
0204D3F6-2DD1-4B59-958E-839C692D137D.jpeg

The inverter, so a kettle will not work with engine running ? As the max is 150 watts ?
Its 300watts on a T6.1, still won't run a kettle.

Back