Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Champagne

CALI FATE

CALI FATE

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi - i am in France for a week over Easter to camp it up, but mainly to visit Champagne houses / producers o sample the bubbles and buy some crates for an upcoming family wedding - looking for some secret tips and information -

Does anyone know of a smaller producer who does a good tour and does some good wholesale deals

Does anyone know of some cool wild camping / aires / towns in the Reims area that are worth a visit.

Many thanks

I will be posting my research on my return x

We visited a campagne house and camped on their site , it was ten years ago with the Land Rover Club Belgium back then with my Defender.
Can't remember the name , will try and look it up for you afther work...
We did a roadbook thru the wineyards with our 4x4's witch was realy nice ...

Would be nice to organise with some Cali owners.
We stayed on their campground had a tasting and buying evening.
With a small tour in the caves....

A smallish champagne house that was recommended to us many years ago by an English couple who lived on a barge in France, which we have been visited and purchase champagne from over the years and found to our liking is “Charlier et Fils” It is a few years now since we paid them a visit, so I'm not sure about prices or tours but certainly worth a visit. One word of warning, they seem to take very long lunch breaks so make sure you don't arrive in the middle of the day.

I’ts about 20 kms WNW of Epernay.

From Epernay take the D3 towards Dormans,

After about 14.25K take D23 to Chatillon-s-Maine (great view point),

Then D24 for .25K to very small village “Montigny” where it is.

Happy tasting !

So looked some things up , it was this champagne house we visited and stayed on their campsite .
NOWACK Champagne.
They got facilitys like showers,....
Do not know prices but looking at their website seems they still do this.
Also renting of a room is possible.
The link to the Englisch version of their site not seem to work 100% so give the French version , try the Englisch version later again.

http://www.champagne-nowack.fr/index.php/fr/visite.html

A smallish champagne house that was recommended to us many years ago by an English couple who lived on a barge in France, which we have been visited and purchase champagne from over the years and found to our liking is “Charlier et Fils” It is a few years now since we paid them a visit, so I'm not sure about prices or tours but certainly worth a visit. One word of warning, they seem to take very long lunch breaks so make sure you don't arrive in the middle of the day.

I’ts about 20 kms WNW of Epernay.

From Epernay take the D3 towards Dormans,

After about 14.25K take D23 to Chatillon-s-Maine (great view point),

Then D24 for .25K to very small village “Montigny” where it is.

Happy tasting !
cool - thank you ........ just what i was hoping for

So looked some things up , it was this champagne house we visited and stayed on their campsite .
NOWACK Champagne.
They got facilitys like showers,....
Do not know prices but looking at their website seems they still do this.
Also renting of a room is possible.
The link to the Englisch version of their site not seem to work 100% so give the French version , try the Englisch version later again.

http://www.champagne-nowack.fr/index.php/fr/visite.html
thanks HC - will check this one out ..... like the idea of a cali meet down there too

You can turn up at Tattinger for a tour without booking but they don't do the whole process in reims. Pommery you need to book but the
y do the whole process on site.
There's a nice site at Chalons en Champagne but the town has nothing to offer. Really dire. Very strange. No where to go out to eat. Foot down keep going...

Back