Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Certificate of conformity

E

EmaVWT5

Vehicle
T5 HighTop
Hi we’ve recently purchased an Irish VW T5 but need to get it registered to drive in the Uk. Unfortunately when we purchased it of ebay we where told it would just be a simple procedure to get it registered. Well sadly 8month on and still haven’t been able to get it done. We are in need of the certificate of conformity which the seller didn’t have. We purchased the hand book from our local dealer in hope it would be inside, but sadly wasn’t. Our local dealer has never been ask for a certificate of conformity so we are at a brick wall... any suggestions or advice???

Hi we’ve recently purchased an Irish VW T5 but need to get it registered to drive in the Uk. Unfortunately when we purchased it of ebay we where told it would just be a simple procedure to get it registered. Well sadly 8month on and still haven’t been able to get it done. We are in need of the certificate of conformity which the seller didn’t have. We purchased the hand book from our local dealer in hope it would be inside, but sadly wasn’t. Our local dealer has never been ask for a certificate of conformity so we are at a brick wall... any suggestions or advice???
Try phoning VW Customer Services - Commercial.

Who has told you that you need a CoC?

It's my understanding that one is not necessary for vehicles manufactured in the EU in the period of your California. It may of course become necessary on vehicles manufactured since 'Brexit' as I don't know if we (Britain) have continued the agreement with Europe.

I provide Volkswagen vehicle dating documents on behalf of the Historic Volkswagen Club. This page is more relevant to older vehicles but I provide the same service for owners of modern VWs. The club is listed in the DVLA V765/1 booklet as authorised to provide these services.
Of the hundreds of documents that I have produced for owners over the past thirty or more years I've never had anyone needing to provide a CoC and I've done a few for modern VWs this year. If you need the manufacturing date of your California (the first registration date is not sufficient for the DVLA) pleas give me a call, my number is on the above mentioned web page.

Hi. Did you able to get the certificate? I’m attempting to import a California.

Who has told you that you need a CoC?

It's my understanding that one is not necessary for vehicles manufactured in the EU in the period of your California. It may of course become necessary on vehicles manufactured since 'Brexit' as I don't know if we (Britain) have continued the agreement with Europe.

I provide Volkswagen vehicle dating documents on behalf of the Historic Volkswagen Club. This page is more relevant to older vehicles but I provide the same service for owners of modern VWs. The club is listed in the DVLA V765/1 booklet as authorised to provide these services.
Of the hundreds of documents that I have produced for owners over the past thirty or more years I've never had anyone needing to provide a CoC and I've done a few for modern VWs this year. If you need the manufacturing date of your California (the first registration date is not sufficient for the DVLA) pleas give me a call, my number is on the above mentioned web page.
They are needed even when registering a Cali from a different EU market. I have BE Cali which I will be registering in DE. The Germans require a CoC, so I better keep mine safe for reference and avoiding future hassles if I move elsewhere in Europe.

Back