Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ceiling coming down

ejmoore

ejmoore

2016 California Ocean 2.0 TDI
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
We put the roof up this evening, & then pushed the bed up (to make standing room). It looked a bit uneven, and I realised that the underside of the bed, the 'ceiling', is coming loose on one side. Not sure how it's fixed, but I'll have a look from above in the morning, see if it can be stuck/fixed back on.
Has anyone else had this problem?

We put the roof up this evening, & then pushed the bed up (to make standing room). It looked a bit uneven, and I realised that the underside of the bed, the 'ceiling', is coming loose on one side. Not sure how it's fixed, but I'll have a look from above in the morning, see if it can be stuck/fixed back on.
Has anyone else had this problem?
The roof (cab liner to under side of bed) is fixed at each side with approximately five plastic push fit studs each side, which break with amazing regularity and ease.

simply replace with VW trim fixings (push fit) panel clips

Thanks Perfectos & Billywizz. Is it necessary to hoik out the inner bits of the old ones first, or will they have fallen down somewhere inside, do you think? It's impossible to see, and I'm reluctant to pull the whole thing off it I don't have to.

Thanks Perfectos & Billywizz. Is it necessary to hoik out the inner bits of the old ones first, or will they have fallen down somewhere inside, do you think? It's impossible to see, and I'm reluctant to pull the whole thing off it I don't have to.
Hi Ejmoore

just poke the old shafts into the frame if they wont come out.

Thanks for all the helpful advice, referrals to previous posts, and note of what to get. The job is now done - hope the ceiling stays up!

It was good advice to have the roof not quite fully up so that the bellows allow some movement, as the holes are awkward to get at. Putting the new clips/plugs in requires some pressure at an awkward angle, but we managed to do it with a smart tap with a hammer from outside the bellows (carefully).

It is a bit fiddly, but the idea that VW feel the need to take off the bellows to do the work is ludicrous - perfectly possible to fix it without.

Thanks for all the helpful advice, referrals to previous posts, and note of what to get. The job is now done - hope the ceiling stays up!

It was good advice to have the roof not quite fully up so that the bellows allow some movement, as the holes are awkward to get at. Putting the new clips/plugs in requires some pressure at an awkward angle, but we managed to do it with a smart tap with a hammer from outside the bellows (carefully).

It is a bit fiddly, but the idea that VW feel the need to take off the bellows to do the work is ludicrous - perfectly possible to fix it without.
Great that you appear to have sorted it

the pressure needed to put the new fixings in place is not insignificant although I managed to do this by hand from inside, which is subjective. If I remember correctly I used a trim tool held flat on the fixing to press it home.
glad to hear you have sorted it

Back