Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet wet between two front seats

I thought the engine battery powered the roof hydraulic pump, not the leisure batteries.:thumb

Where is the supply tube to the rear windscreen wiper wash routed? Could be worth checking out.

All I know is that when I raise or lower the roof, if I press the home key quickly as it finishes then it shows a large draw being taken from the leisure batteries, typically -15A but have seen -》25A before.
Try it and see if yours does it.

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Hi, just had my 10 year old Cali 2.5 SE Comfortline in to my local garage for some minor repair work and he asked me to call in because there was rain/ moisture under the foam liner under the carpets on both the front seats whilst replacing both door seals. To cut a long story short the leaks were coming in from the roof down the drain holes, which were sealed by them after rodding out all the debris. A time consuming exercise that had to be addressed.
Well done Auto Joteca in Cinnicato, Algarve

:( Problem occurring again back in tomorrow, may show them all the suggestions on here!! Also they are taking photos for corrosion:mad:

Well after they replaced the kitchen window as the cause last September under warranty, it has happened again! Currently being completely put back together after they had to get under the floor. They knew it was the fresh water tank but didn't know where it was leaking, so they had to take everything out!! They called first to see if we would authorise it - 9 hours to gut it! I questioned the warranty which ran out Nov 29th last year, as it had been in previously for the same problem surely still under, the coincidence of a window and water tank leaking in exactly the same place, I don't think so. We authorised it as they mentioned they at be a gesture of goodwill towards payment, but couldn't state how much the repair bill would be. Anyway we've had a call to say they've done it after having it a week and they will pay 85% leaving us around £160 what do you think ? Should it not of been done under warranty ?

Our bed stuck down in the sleeping position just out of warranty. VW paid 85%. I in the end was happy with this as if VW had paid 100% I was told it would have no warrant on it but by paying it gave 2 cover on parts and 1 year on workmanship (or the other way round cant recall off the top of my head) but I felt happy with deal

Yes it should have been done under warranty.
But its hard prove and if £160 is 15% of the cost then it's better then paying nearly £1100!
It's a long way for the water to travel from the fresh water tank to between the seats.
Have you contacted VWCS?

Have contacted VWCS they won't back down, saying the problem before was a different issue and that if water leaks from anywhere in the van it is possible it could show itself in the same area, really??? Fuming !!

image.jpeg

Hi we are away in Spain at moment and the past two mornings the carpet is wet in dpi get bit between seats, any ideas anyone please. We have a carpet on top to protect original. Nothing hS been spilt or dripped. Thanks :help
did you ever solve this? I have this issue

We have the same issue. Some people mention the fresh water tank. The grey water is empty but there is a smell in the carpet.

Hi we are away in Spain at moment and the past two mornings the carpet is wet in dpi get bit between seats, any ideas anyone please. We have a carpet on top to protect original. Nothing hS been spilt or dripped. Thanks :help
Hello, my issue was that the new radio was installed and they put the cables in the ducts meant for the rain . Not my doing, that’s how I bought the van. Obviously discovered this and had to have it rectified and all is fine now. So maybe think if you have had a new radio or camera installed or the ducts are compromised . Hope you get it sorted soon . Kind regards

Hello, my issue was that the new radio was installed and they put the cables in the ducts meant for the rain . Not my doing, that’s how I bought the van. Obviously discovered this and had to have it rectified and all is fine now. So maybe think if you have had a new radio or camera installed or the ducts are compromised . Hope you get it sorted soon . Kind regards
Thanks for letting me know. We think it’s something to do with the fresh water tank.

Carpet only gets wet when tank filled and even when we havent used the sink. We haven’t had rain for a while nor have we washed the van. .

My van / T6 California has just been in for wet carpets between seats which occurred several times with no known obvious cause.
The dealer has now just phoned me and says they have found the problem due to a kinked feed pipe from fresh water tank to taps which was leaking when tank is full over level of pipe until below pipe? ( don’t ask me???) I will try and confirm on collection
They are now awaiting replacement carpets, but hopefully good result

Hope this is of use to any others with same problem

Ps , they also said roof drain holes were blocked although not the cause, but should be routinely checked and cleaned out

My van / T6 California has just been in for wet carpets between seats which occurred several times with no known obvious cause.
The dealer has now just phoned me and says they have found the problem due to a kinked feed pipe from fresh water tank to taps which was leaking when tank is full over level of pipe until below pipe? ( don’t ask me???) I will try and confirm on collection
They are now awaiting replacement carpets, but hopefully good result

Hope this is of use to any others with same problem

Ps , they also said roof drain holes were blocked although not the cause, but should be routinely checked and cleaned out
That’s exactly the issue we had. New carpets replaced and no more leaks.

Back