Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Carpet wet between two front seats

Spud

Spud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Hi we are away in Spain at moment and the past two mornings the carpet is wet in dpi get bit between seats, any ideas anyone please. We have a carpet on top to protect original. Nothing hS been spilt or dripped. Thanks :help

Any rain outside?

The drains in the roof can become blocked and it's not unusual for this to run down the inside of the trim... Depending where this ultimately comes out, it can make the centre section wet.

Alternatively I've seen a water leak from the sink/tap run under the flooring and soak the carpet.

Rgds
Mark

I've had the blocked roof drain problem, but in my case the overspill soaked the carpeting around the front wheel arches. SimplyDubs suggestion re: sink leak is a more likely scenario.
Regards, Wojtek

We've kept the sink drain open all the time which we don't usually do, could it be leisure battery? Slight vinegary smell but battery indicator normal

Does anyone get up in the night?
Done it myself !
rob

Are you sure you didn't have a drink in the drink holder at any time? I had a wet patch and eventually realised it probably came from the cup which was directly above.

Suffering from same problem
Really puzzling was a true cause ever discovered?

I had a heater matrix fail on an old Ford Orion, which leaked in the same place - ignored it until the engine blew! But I'm sure this wouldn't be the case on a Cali :)

We've got a wet patch too but that's because someone juggled with his glass of water. Thank goodness for the horrid grey waterproof seat covers!

We've got a wet patch too but that's because someone juggled with his glass of water. Thank goodness for the horrid grey waterproof seat covers!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Nothing is worse than a 50 shades of grey cali interior ....

If you are so frightened of spilling water then drink your scotch neat :shocked

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO......

Nothing is worse than a 50 shades of grey cali interior ....

If you are so frightened of spilling water then drink your scotch neat :shocked
Love them or hate them, they have protected us against mud and chocolate milk from the 14 yr old!

On another forum it seems the common causes for wet front carpets in a T 5 are:
1. Roof drainage holes
2. Windscreen drainage holes
3. Windscreen
4. Heater matrix
5. Missing cable grommets in firewall.

If you need grey covers then leave the child at home!

It's not worth it!!!
Aw, but he's so good at washing up and turning the seats around. He's also our ace German translator/speaker...

If's he's that good at washing up then send him on a seat-washing training course ....

It could also be the drain for the Aircon system blocked I had this on my kombi. Left puddles between the seats once the system is switched off and defrosts.
Mike

We've kept the sink drain open all the time which we don't usually do, could it be leisure battery? Slight vinegary smell but battery indicator normal

We had a leak that was caused by a split in the pipe that runs from the waste water shutoff valve out underneath the van. In our case it ran out under the floor towards the tailgate because of the slope we where on at the time but I was told it would soak into the carpet if it had gone the other way.

Do you use a Porta potti or similar at night? We have found that enthusiastic pumping on the flush can cause it to splash and overflow and make the carpet wet. This is clean water overflowing from the flush tank by the way, nothing nasty.

please "NO PUMPING" enthusiasticly or quietly!!!!
banana_smiley_24.gif

Going in tomorrow to get this looked at as problem still persists, more often when the sink drainage is shut! Also they are looking at the three batteries to see why the leisure battery isn't charging enough after 300miles a day to open roof

Going in tomorrow to get this looked at as problem still persists, more often when the sink drainage is shut! Also they are looking at the three batteries to see why the leisure battery isn't charging enough after 300miles a day to open roof

I think the roof is operated by the engine battery

John

Fairly sure it's powered by leisure batteries.......

Sent from my Galaxy S6

So why do you have to have ignition switched on to lower roof?

John

In fact it is best to have the engine running when operating the roof....
But we are off-topic on this...:D

So why do you have to have ignition switched on to lower roof?

John
This was covered a while back in the relevant thread can't be bothered to look it up though!

Sent from my Galaxy S6

Back