Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan & Motorhome Club - M6 Toll Discount

C

Cary Blackburn

Vehicle
T6 Cali On Order
Hi We are thinking of joining the Caravan & Motorhome Club basically to take advantage of the M6 Toll discount as we would probably use it a lot. Has anyone done this and do you you get the discount at the pay booths or do the staff not know anything about it. I ask because I'm a bit of a cynic. Thanks

Hi We are thinking of joining the Caravan & Motorhome Club basically to take advantage of the M6 Toll discount as we would probably use it a lot. Has anyone done this and do you you get the discount at the pay booths or do the staff not know anything about it. I ask because I'm a bit of a cynic. Thanks
Just show your membership card, no problems on last 8 trips.

Use it all the time.

With me on the South coast and Mum at the end of the M6 it's about once a month.

you do need a personned toll booth, normally clearly indicated, show your card, no hassle, small car rate.

Is the discount a fixed amount or a percentage?

Is the discount a fixed amount or a percentage?
You pay the amount for a car rather than "large van" - effectively half the cost
Sadly I found out AFTER my trip last week down the M6 Toll :headbang

People

it is your own choice and for you each as an individual to work out the benefits of joining a large leisure industry provider.

Quite honestly just thinking "M6 Toll" is myopic.

Think 2,300 cl's, club sites with formulaic but totally reliable facilities, sometimes, but only sometimes, incredible discounts on crossing the channel, great deals on insurance and of course, back to square one, saving a fortune, if you use it, on the M6 toll.

Don't be myopic ... £51 quid, what's in it for me right now". You never know. I and my Sister suffered sheer hell three days ago when on a relaxed trip to see Mum 300 miles away it all went pear shape whilst on a CAMC site atCirencester and news that Mum might peg it in 48 hours.

Frankly the site staff were brilliant with what happened next. I am not going into details, too boring, but for £51 quid I get my membership repaid over and over again.

Thanks for the replies. I swore I would never use the Tollroad except in an emergency as I don't agree with it in principle. However, after being sat in the M6 car park going south on a couple of occasions I've been forced to change my mind! I also think that it is not working as it should as every time I've been on it it's been comparatively empty whereas I'm sure the same could not be said of the M6 proper. A bit of information about the traffic conditions on the overheads through B'ham might help "M6 Toll Clear" isn't exactly useful.

Back