Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan Club

Someone asked about the Caravan and Motorhome club.

We are now hanging the CC out to dry, God bless the club and Grenville Chamberlain's caravan backside, which gave me so much mirth.

It is an organisation with just over a couple of hundred sites in the UK. It's rules and modus operandi are transparent and clearly understood. No one has to stop there and as they have only 200 or so sites compared to the thousands listed by ukcampsites no one is short of choice.

I am not above poking fun at certain aspects of the club, but also sometimes have been very grateful for a safe and predictable place to park up, have a shower, get a good nights sleep and move on, moving on rather cheaply sometimes compared to sites offering similar facilities.

Horses for courses. It suits me but then I don't go there for a holiday, I go there to stop, have a shower, regroup, re-provision and move on and it suits me fine. At least I know what to expect.

Will probably join for the same reason. Not as a holiday destination.

Mike

During our camping and caravanning days we've stayed on CC, CCC and private sites, for holiday and weekend breaks. We have had some fantastic sites and some we would never return to, we've had some great pitches and some awful ones, but hey-ho, it's all part of the adventure!

Back