Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan Club Gap Insurance

T

Tink

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I'm picking up a T6 Ocean in March and this will be my sole vehicle for pleasure and business use. The Caravan Club say they do not do Gap Insurance. Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm picking up a T6 Ocean in March and this will be my sole vehicle for pleasure and business use. The Caravan Club say they do not do Gap Insurance. Has anyone else experienced this?
They may not. Gap Insurance is policy to pay the difference between your Insurance company evaluation payout and the Purchase price. I insured with CC as they had New for Old on Motorhomes/Campers for 2 years if it was a New Vehicle. So the equivalent of GAP but just one Insurance Policy.
Screen Shot 2016-02-10 at 16.19.41.jpg

They may not. Gap Insurance is policy to pay the difference between your Insurance company evaluation payout and the Purchase price. I insured with CC as they had New for Old on Motorhomes/Campers for 2 years if it was a New Vehicle. So the equivalent of GAP but just one Insurance Policy.
View attachment 11881
Thanks for that. One insurance quote I received includes 3 year new for old but has a mileage limit of 15,000.
The Caravan Club insurance people did not say anything about new for old.

Thanks for that. One insurance quote I received includes 3 year new for old but has a mileage limit of 15,000.
The Caravan Club insurance people did not say anything about new for old.
I managed 21,000 miles in my first year. I've had experience of CC insurance, having a brand new 7 berth caravan written off on it's first outing courtesy of a National Express coach. Replaced, with in fact the next year model. No problems. That's why I went with them for the California.

I managed 21,000 miles in my first year. I've had experience of CC insurance, having a brand new 7 berth caravan written off on it's first outing courtesy of a National Express coach. Replaced, with in fact the next year model. No problems. That's why I went with them for the California.
Thanks. I'm glad they looked after you. I found a distinct lack of enthusiasm and interest with the Caravan Club insurance people and rang them twice to double check on the gap insurance. At no time did they become helpful and point out any advantages or benefits to their insurance or mention new for old as a substitute for gap. The Caravan Club front line staff themselves I have always found brilliant. I went back to the company I had my last motorhome insured with and got a friendly, informed reception and a very reasonable quote. They mentioned new for old is automatically included but with a mileage limitation so I may well get separate gap insurance with unlimited mileage and for a longer period.

Sorry you didn't have a good experience with them. Hope you get sorted.
They weren't like that when I got the California insured with them.

Hello Tink - we want insurance for business and pleasure use too (although we are waiting for confirmation of a build date for our van). When I spoke with a rep with the Caravan Club I was also informed that they did not offer GAP insurance - and the rep did not mention the similar 'new for old' part of their policy that Welsh Gas has helpfully posted earlier.
So far Comfort have offered us the cheapest insurance that includes business use (without GAP).
Safeguard said they could not even offer us a 'rough quote' until we could confirm the delivery date of the van.
Good luck with finding the insurance you are looking for.

Hello Tink - we want insurance for business and pleasure use too (although we are waiting for confirmation of a build date for our van). When I spoke with a rep with the Caravan Club I was also informed that they did not offer GAP insurance - and the rep did not mention the similar 'new for old' part of their policy that Welsh Gas has helpfully posted earlier.
So far Comfort have offered us the cheapest insurance that includes business use (without GAP).
Safeguard said they could not even offer us a 'rough quote' until we could confirm the delivery date of the van.
Good luck with finding the insurance you are looking for.
Thanks for the input. I went with Comfort too. It will be used for business too as it will be my sole vehicle.Very helpful at Comfort and quote on the spot after taking the details. I had a Hymer insured with them for a few years.