Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan Club Announcement Today...

The announcement is a day late:

As luck would have it, there is a public toilet located just a stone’s throw from the campsite entrance! I guess it might be quite busy though...

The 335 is a good unit to have, and a bowl of hot water and a sponge can practically eradicate the need for a shower. I quite enjoyed going "self-sufficient" again, the last couple of years of using facilities-only sites had me lose the sense of independence a cali can give.

IMHO the decision not to open WC/shower facilities is over cautious at this stage. It's been increasingly understood since mid last year that covid is not spread to a substantial extent through intermediate contact with surfaces, it's spread person to person by droplets and aerosol. Campsite shower blocks are enclosed spaces but not too hard in most cases to provide plenty of ventilation.

But I suppose the decision was inevitable so our trusty Thetford 335 stands ready (as ever, we are nothing if not flexible).

ai supporti del sedile, non lo ruotiamo mai, il PortaPotti è ben fissato ... il rivestimento è imbottito e il 365 è più alto, funziona bene anche come sedile ..

IMHO the decision not to open WC/shower facilities is over cautious at this stage. It's been increasingly understood since mid last year that covid is not spread to a substantial extent through intermediate contact with surfaces, it's spread person to person by droplets and aerosol. Campsite shower blocks are enclosed spaces but not too hard in most cases to provide plenty of ventilation.

But I suppose the decision was inevitable so our trusty Thetford 335 stands ready (as ever, we are nothing if not flexible).
I agree. I was impressed with the CMC shower-block Covid protocol last summer. It was sensible and well-observed.

I agree. I was impressed with the CMC shower-block Covid protocol last summer. It was sensible and well-observed.
Our experience was quite the opposite with people blatantly ignoring the system. One guy was coming out of the block, saw me coming towards the entrance and then pretended to put a wrist band in the Milton fluid. Best part was, when i went to pick a band out there was none there. Total prat.

Just cancelled our bookings for April.
We have a Thetford but really don't want it to be our only option!
Hope things improve in May

Just cancelled our bookings for April.
We have a Thetford but really don't want it to be our only option!
Hope things improve in May
Yes, I don’t blame you with the weather situation. I love a hot shower in the morning, but could manage without in fair weather...

Bathing in the sea is also looking a little unappealing.

Perhaps a tentative one-night hotel stay between sites? Not legal under current restrictions but hard to understand why a room-only hotel stay should be illegal after 12th April, when campsites and Airbnb’s are open.

The 335 is a good unit to have, and a bowl of hot water and a sponge can practically eradicate the need for a shower. I quite enjoyed going "self-sufficient" again, the last couple of years of using facilities-only sites had me lose the sense of independence a cali can give.
I agree, Jen. You feel all the more adventurous if you’re self sufficient.

I agree, Jen. You feel all the more adventurous if you’re self sufficient.
and confident Elly.

The last couple of years, Jo getting her caravan so we could go and see Mum together, facilities only sites etc....

Lockdown did me good. On a CL, no facilities, back to where I was when I was parked up on the Mull of Kintyre, or the tourist car park at John o Groats, or in the middle of some woods just out of Drumbeg.

I was losing confidence, found myself taking everything but the kitchen sink when I went away just for those "it might happen" moments. Now I'm back to "well, if it does, I'll deal with it".....

and confident Elly.

The last couple of years, Jo getting her caravan so we could go and see Mum together, facilities only sites etc....

Lockdown did me good. On a CL, no facilities, back to where I was when I was parked up on the Mull of Kintyre, or the tourist car park at John o Groats, or in the middle of some woods just out of Drumbeg.

I was losing confidence, found myself taking everything but the kitchen sink when I went away just for those "it might happen" moments. Now I'm back to "well, if it does, I'll deal with it".....
That’s great to hear that you’ve got your confidence back, Jen. It can get easily dinted.

Yes indeed. Excellent news. I may return the portapotti after all!

It sounds like washing up facilities will also be open, hence the paper plates can go back too!