Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan & Camping Club Insurance

U

uniqueadventures

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
I was with the camping and caravanning club for their club care insurance.

DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY.

We went to Italy for 5 week tour summer 2012.
Side window broke on first couple of days. They expected us to stay with the vehicle 24/7 until it was "secured" with over head projector plastic film and sellotape - to this date it has still not been properly fixed - well over a year. We subsequently had a break in during the holiday with a loss of a considerable amount of our stuff - they refused to pay out because it was insecure.
Don't be fooled by their association with c&c club they don't understand or care about c&c's and will do everything they can to avoid paying out. When I complained directly to the c&c club they agreed that the situation was unacceptable and made a lame effort to get the insurer's to be fair but didn't make any difference.

When we got back to the UK they removed the entire side window frame and we had to drive around for a couple of weeks with a massive piece of cling film on the side. While they bodged a fix for the window. Then when they refitted it they managed to; crimp the side panel of the van; the sliding window doesn't slide; isn't sealed at the edge between glass panes so constant air noise. Frame isn't secure and watertight so we get water ingress which will eventually lead to rust.
Do they care? No.

We never used any of the other benefits or sites because there are much better cheaper sites with better facilities. The discount on sites is counter intuitive because they charge more because they are affiliated!?

Hi

Really sorry to hear of your shocking treatment from this insurance, can I ask was this with Equity Red Star or Groupama ?

I'm looking at moving to club care insurance from Comfort in the next few weeks, only because I can retain my no claims bonus with ccc.

Cheers
Steve

We never used any of the other benefits or sites because there are much better cheaper sites with better facilities. The discount on sites is counter intuitive because they charge more because they are affiliated!?
On the contrary, I find the club sites excellent value for money, particularly when I'm camping on my own (less than £10 a night mid season as a member).

It sounds from your post like your window broke for 'mechanical' rather than insurance related (ie break-in) reasons. I don't think its unusual for any insurer to be reluctant to pay for loss of personal possessions when the vehicle isn't secure.

Back