Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan & Camping Club - 3 nights minimum stay policy

Ady77

Ady77

VIP Member
I notice that there is now a three night minimum stay policy at C&CC sites

Looks like theyt are trying to put off campervans from using their sites where we want the freedom of moving on frequently - if I was happy to stay in one spot I would have bought a caravan.

I have complained to the C & CC and asked them to terminate my membership as of yet they have not even had the courtesy to reply!

Are you sure they did have minimum 3 night stays at peak holiday dates such as B/H weekends in the past ---- Are you saying every C&CC site has this at all times?

I think three night minimum is only at bank holidays. You can book one night stays at camping in the forest sites.

GetAsset.aspx

We tend to use the small non owned C&CC sites in high season rather than large sites no issues with a one night stand!

Last edited:
I think it is certain sites that have these restrictions, I'm not impressed myself, tried to book the site in Bowness for an off peak weekend but it is 3 nights minimum. No good for anyone with school kids. I shan't be renewing my membership. CC for me with it's one night stay policy.

I find the organization to be difficult, so I never joined.

Maybe they should rename it "the static caravan club". Sounds diabolical.

It would be good if those so quick to knock the C&CC club had (i) actually tried the membership experience and (ii) checked around other private sites - only to realise that almost all private sites in popular locations have minimum stay restrictions in peak periods.

Maybe they should rename it "the static caravan club". Sounds diabolical.
Closer to the truth than you think, I've noticed pitches disappearing to become static caravans/lodges. Keswick, for instance, after the C & CC took over the CC site (on the LHS of the track down to the lakeside site) they converted it to statics shortly after :(. Too good for us lot I guess :D

It would be good if those so quick to knock the C&CC club had (i) actually tried the membership experience and (ii) checked around other private sites - only to realise that almost all private sites in popular locations have minimum stay restrictions in peak periods.
off peak at some sites which I don't agree with.

It's a bit churlish to throw bricks at an organisation that organises itself to meet it's members needs. We are not their target audience. Most Campers (ie those that pitch tents) and Caravanners don't want to move every night.
If the club suits you then great, but no one is being forced to join.

Most Campers (ie those that pitch tents) and Caravanners don't want to move every night.
Lots of family campers (tents and caravans) spend the weekend in the Lakes, this policy excludes them as well as camper vans. Thus the site ends up full of pensioners watching tv all week in a caravan. If I was retired I would probably camp more Mon-Fri when it was quieter and leave the weekends to the kids. It would be better for a lot of members if the policy was 2 nights.

I think more people will opt for CC if it's a change in policy.

On many occasions one night is perfect for weekends when you have to travel up on a Saturday. Also, you can often get a late cancellation for 1 night.

Presumably the C&CC know their commercial model (?), it's just that when I stack it up against the CC, for me, it doesn't win on any dimension.

I belong to both, for different reasons and because of the places I have stayed have more than covered the membership fees due to the discounted fees for members, so really a no-brainer. Each to his own and as has been mentioned many commercial sites have the same or similar policies.

You can have l night at the CC&C club if you book on the day . The other day we booked Glenmore for Easter and said our daughter would be sleeping in the pup tent - l was gobsmacked to discover that children under 17 are allowed to do that at camping in the forest sites but over 17s, even when they pay an adult rate, aren't allowed to! I checked that we could use the tent for storage and that is OK. Not too sure how they know what you are " storing" though....

They seem to be fine if you turn up on the day, I think the restrictions are only certain sites at peak times. We'll be staying at one tonight for just the one night.

Why book ahead when you'r travelling? We hardly ever book ahead when we're travelling. When we're done driving for the day, we look up a camp site that appeals to us on Google Maps and simply go there. Never had an issue.

Also in the UK. We were cruising through Kent and along the south coast last year during the May Bank Holiday weekend. We hadn't realised it was the Bank Holiday weekend, and wondered why the roads were so crowded, all of a sudden... But we had no issues finding a camp site for the night on any one night. Here a few pictures of how 'crowded' they were that weekend. Really no need to book ahead!
View media item 551View media item 537View media item 535View media item 526

Here a few pictures of how 'crowded' they were that weekend.

When trying to view your pictures I get "Error: You do not have permission to view media within this album."

Why book ahead when you'r travelling? We hardly ever book ahead when we're travelling. When we're done driving for the day, we look up a camp site that appeals to us on Google Maps and simply go there. Never had an issue.

Also in the UK. We were cruising through Kent and along the south coast last year during the May Bank Holiday weekend. We hadn't realised it was the Bank Holiday weekend, and wondered why the roads were so crowded, all of a sudden... But we had no issues finding a camp site for the night on any one night. Here a few pictures of how 'crowded' they were that weekend. Really no need to book ahead!
View media item 551View media item 537View media item 535View media item 526
Hi Bart, the issue is not about finding any site for a night, these are club sites and very popular but even off peak some insist on a minimum of 3 nights. We joined the C&CC to specifically stay many weekends at Braithwaite Fold site in the Lake District, a good base as you can leave the van parked up on site. Very disappointed to find it is 3 nights minimum stay all the time, this rules out weekend stays for people who work and schoolchildren.

When trying to view your pictures I get "Error: You do not have permission to view media within this album."
Right, I see now that some of my albums are set to 'private', only the owner can see the pictures in them. Makes no sense to post them here, then. But I can't find how to change that setting to 'members' anywhere in the Media section... :headbang

that is how we do it & if long trip may book the 1st night ie Hampshire to Scotland and want to stop part way book a night

that is how we do it & if long trip may book the 1st night ie Hampshire to Scotland and want to stop part way book a night
C&CC would do well to remember what camping really is. They seem to prefer turning their sites into gods waiting room and to comply with entry rules you must have the latest high value "unit". They are very inept at dealing with complaints and some site wardens are downright rude and we'll above their station.
Caravan and Control Club. Ha, don't expect to see any more of my money any time soon!
When I have some spare time I might go through the rule book and count how many times they use the words "no" and "not".

We have also cancelled our membership to both CC and C&CC as they longer offers value for money, the magazines normally go in the bin and the discount on their sites no longer justifies the ever increasing cost of membership. ( I remember paying just £12 per year less than ten years ago) If you like being surrouned by geriatrics in caravans and wardens who think they are hitler, good luck to you. That is not my idea of camping

We have also cancelled our membership to both CC and C&CC as they longer offers value for money, the magazines normally go in the bin and the discount on their sites no longer justifies the ever increasing cost of membership. ( I remember paying just £12 per year less than ten years ago) If you like being surrouned by geriatrics in caravans and wardens who think they are hitler, good luck to you. That is not my idea of camping
A touch of "ageism " creeping in I feel. Don't forget you'll be one, one day. Some of these " geriatrics " have led much more interesting lives than many of today's younger campers ever will or are capable of leading.
As far as membership costs are concerned - that is called inflation. I remember when Diesel was less tha £1 / gallon. So what.

Back