Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Caravan and camping club

I like C&CC. Give a good over 60s discount and never had a bad site. I am a member of the CMC but so far not used them. Used to years ago when we used to take the boys away to the West Country but have awful memories of our puppy digging a hole in their pristine grass
Left in a hurry

Ditto.... In both but if I had to choose it would be CMC. I find their website best and overall their sites better, especially their CLS.
Agree. C&CC wardens are a bit jobsworthy - not all of them but we've encountered some awful ones over the years, and with 4 yrs with C&MC they have all been amazing, superhelpful. Also no deposit to pay (you need to be considerate with bookings though) and you can choose your own pitch. What's not to love?

We are in the c&cc stayed on a few club sites with varying levels of facilities. Then we discovered the club pop up sites and local level club run sites. These are usually at a very good rate. We have had nights away for £6 for the van with four of us.

Instead of the usual club rate then paying for each child as well. So far better to look for pop ups

Will continue to be a member of c&cc

We’ve only joined the motorhome and caravan club so far.....love the facilities in the colder months.....sites tend not to be remote/great for walking from the site as the big whites need good road access.....also not so many available sites in wilder parts of the UK....some say they are too regimented but planning permission restricts extra tents and how you park etc....they are what they are.....

We used to belong to both. C &CC mag is by far the best. But if you book anything through them and can't go, you use the lot. Both have good sites and facilities for which you get a 'members discount' - they say.

But if you go on UK Camspite you can find equally good UK sites, cheaper than either of the clubs offering the so-called 'member's discount'. All this despite being privately owned and still running at a profit. We agree that neither are a 'club' in the true sense of the word. They are businesses run for profit - none of which seems to go towards members.

If you plan to go to Europe the best value for us is, and always has been - ACSI.

Many thanks. Hadn't heard of ACSI so will check them out.

We joined both when we bought Cali, but only renewed the C&MC membership as we used more of their sites as you don't need to pay a deposit when making bookings. However, we've just renewed the C&CC membership as we've booked our Northumberland holiday next year and want to use two of their sites and we can get ACR and member discounts.

We used to belong to both. C &CC mag is by far the best. But if you book anything through them and can't go, you use the lot. Both have good sites and facilities for which you get a 'members discount' - they say.

But if you go on UK Camspite you can find equally good UK sites, cheaper than either of the clubs offering the so-called 'member's discount'. All this despite being privately owned and still running at a profit. We agree that neither are a 'club' in the true sense of the word. They are businesses run for profit - none of which seems to go towards members.

I wholeheartedly agree with @Clover, I've found some wonderful campsites on UK Campsite & haven't, as yet, seen the need to join the aforementioned 'clubs'.

I wholeheartedly agree with @Clover, I've found some wonderful campsites on UK Campsite & haven't, as yet, seen the need to join the aforementioned 'clubs'.
I agree there are a lot of very good private sites - and we've stayed on many - but there are also some we've said 'never again'! At least with Club sites you know what you can expect, but we've also joined for the discounts too.

The problem is with private sites, they might have rules regarding noise, kids running wild, ball games and dogs being kept under control, all for the wider good, but rarely enforced. Some are good, some not, but most of the club sites and CLs do enforce such rules so that everyone can enjoy the experience.
If you join these clubs then you also agree to abide by the rules as do your fellow club members/campers.

Price increase just announced for C&MC..
We wanted to give you advance notice that from 5 December 2018, we’ll be making a small price increase to 2019 UK Club Site prices. This is to cover the rising price of utilities and the day to day costs of running a network of 160 UK Club Sites.

For more information please view our FAQs or contact our Contact Centre on
01342 327 490 or UKSitesBookingService@camc.com

Thank you for your continued loyalty and we wish you a successful 2019 season of touring.

Best wishes, the Caravan and Motorhome Club

I also heard a whisper that they are considering deposits for busy sites at peak times

Price increase just announced for C&MC..

I also heard a whisper that they are considering deposits for busy sites at peak times
I think this is quite reasonable. Understand a lot of bookings are made on the off chance and cancelled late on. Denies people that genuinely want to stay the opportunity

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Long time member of both. You know what you are getting and the standards are normally high. Use them or lose them is my motto. There will come a time when caravanning is effected by this emissions issue and more private sites convert to log cabins then where will you be??? As GrannyJen has previously identified You know where you are on a club site.

Hi all,

As per the post title, I'm looking at joining the CCC or, possibly the Campervan and Motorhome Club. Which is best from your experiences?
I have a 4.5 year old but am not into the 'Haven' type family scene so wondering which would be best for him too.

TIA

I’m in both CMC and CCC. So obviously I think it’s worth it. You soon get you money back in discounts.
If you search the forum there are plenty of discussions on the merits of the 2 clubs... incidentally it’s the Caravan and Motorhome Club, not “campervan”. The caravan fraternity had palpitations when “motorhome” was added, they’d go mad if you changed caravan to campervan!

I’m in both CMC and CCC. So obviously I think it’s worth it. You soon get you money back in discounts.
If you search the forum there are plenty of discussions on the merits of the 2 clubs... incidentally it’s the Caravan and Motorhome Club, not “campervan”. The caravan fraternity had palpitations when “motorhome” was added, they’d go mad if you changed caravan to campervan!
Thank you for your feedback in just so used to typing Campervan that it's a easy-done mistake
I'll be sure to have a search for other convos on this topic now.

Hi we joined CMC this year, it has already payed for its self.
They can take bookings up to a year in advance with no advanced payment required with sites in some great locations.
The facility's on the sites we have visited are very good and clean, but the sites are quite regimented. We feel that it has been worth the expense already .

As the two clubs names suggest they are aimed at slightly different markets the CMC is not really aimed at the tent camper so is mainly hard standing and more formal, but tends to have (in my experience) better facilities.

Like @ArunAlec we are in both and would agree with his comments about facilities.
In terms of is it worth it, we find it is.

We find the CMC website easier to navigate when looking for sites.
From our experience both clubs have got us good deals on ferries to Europe.

I was a member of the C&CC for decades and found no issue with site facilities. Regular complaint by Members was that their sites are open to non Members (the public) for little extra cost. They have to be apparently.
Suited to families better of the 2. Some sites may not be suitable for Cali's due to levelling difficulties, being on a hillside. Most pitches are on grass.

Joined the C&MC when I got the Cali as I thought it more suitable having hard standings and a standard site quality.

I found that arranging my own ferries was cheaper as the 2 Clubs bundle up travel etc. insurance in a package.

Thank you all for feedback recieved. Do the Cali's have difficulty, more so than other vans re:levelling?

I'm steering towards CMC at the moment....