Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Car Parks to Avoid

I must be a real wuss. I would never consider taking, and leaving our Cali in a multi-storey car park. Wheel damage on curbs, tight parking bays, door dinks, theft. Definitely no no for me. I'd rather walk miles than use the town centre multi-storeys, even with our Golf.

I must be a real wuss. I would never consider taking, and leaving our Cali in a multi-storey car park. Wheel damage on curbs, tight parking bays, door dinks, theft. Definitely no no for me. I'd rather walk miles than use the town centre multi-storeys, even with our Golf.
I would find it difficult to live my with 'what ifs' at the back of my mind. Its a vehicle, not your child (in some cases it may be). Nothing lasts forever.

Anthony l wish l could live your carefree lifestyle, but Susie runs her life buy making risk assessments on most aspects of her life. I've found it pays to fall in line with these decisions, not only for a quiet life, but over these years, they have proved prudent. Her view and mine is, concrete pillars, tight parking spaces, shopping trolleys, dim lighting, and a lot of people's carefree attitude, make multi-storeys a no go zones.

Anthony l wish l could live your carefree lifestyle, but Susie runs her life buy making risk assessments on most aspects of her life. I've found it pays to fall in line with these decisions, not only for a quiet life, but over these years, they have proved prudent. Her view and mine is, concrete pillars, tight parking spaces, shopping trolleys, dim lighting, and a lot of people's carefree attitude, make multi-storeys a no go zones.
Fair enough. The world would be a very dull place if we were all the same.

Fair enough. The world would be a very dull place if we were all the same.
We've had a grey T5, a grey T6 and a grey T6.1. How l envy people who can live on the edge, and not be dull, and own a two tone Cali. Then perhaps that's because my name is Greyham.

Has anyone here been to Basingstoke multistory in their Cali? Whilst there are no height restrictions (for us Calis) on the way in, and round the car park, after you have exited you have to go under a 1.9M bridge! I bottled it and went the wrong way down a 1 way street instead but its a bit of a situation!
yep no problems, bit scary in places but fine.

If the Cali didn't fit in 2m multi story car parks I wouldn't have bought it. It's part of the flexibility that defines it, and part of the reason VW is sure that it can charge a higher price for a Cali than most Big Whites. That said, as mentioned earlier in this thread, avoid buildings built before 1980!

I rent a reserved spot in an underground 2m parking garage built in 1992 for the Olympic Village just outside of the historic Roman center of Barcelona where I live. Wide enough to open both doors, park a motorcycle next to it, and in my spot I can even open the tailgate with the folded bike rack on (but my nightmare would be forgetting I have bikes on the rack when going in!). 75€ a month, because in the 90's all new flats were built with parking spaces included, but in the 21st century a lot of people who live in Barcelona have given up owning cars because the public transportation is so good, so there's a glut of spaces in newer neighborhoods.

East Harptree Woods says 1.98 and I should have known better, minor scrape to the top of the awning.
Had my daughter hanging out of the side door to check make sure there was space.
The updates went something like this……..
It’s Ok, It’s OK, it’s OK… oh actually it’s scraping on the awning!
Minor cosmetic damage and on the plus side I can now confirm with some degree of certainty that the back of the awning is the highest point of the van.

E481C46B-5A12-4818-981B-12A94E973C5B.jpeg

I rent a reserved spot in an underground 2m parking garage built in 1992 for the Olympic Village just outside of the historic Roman center of Barcelona where I live.
That sounds a lot like where I used to live on Calle Llull.

Back