Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

cancun mexico

S

samflis

hi i live in cancun mexico,i am mexican, i just bought a 2005 cali the only legaly imported cali in mexico,and has been difficult to fix things , with no info in usa or mexico, like 220 volts to 110,
and spare parts, and making mosquito nets for the windows and doors, for the beach and jungle. any hepl will be appreciated
sam from cancun

Welcome to the forum sam ....Lets hope we all can help you and hope you enjoy your cali :thumb :smile

Sam welcome to our forum, as far as I know, you are the first member to join from North America. :thumb :clap

The Cali has obviously been designed for the mains power used here in Europe which is 240/230v 50Hz. It sounds like you will need to convert from 110v 60 Hz to 230v to power your Cali. There are step up converters/ transformers, have a look on google. I would try for at least around 10 amps output which is approx 2.5kva but you may get away with 5 amps approx 1.5kva if you are just charging the leisure batteries.

Roughly speaking anything with a motor requires the correct cycles, 50Hz, but light bulbs, absorption fridges, battery charger etc should be ok with a step up transformer.

Finally Brandup do mosquito nets and a brochure can be downloaded from our sponsor SMG,s home page heres the link which may give you some ideas for making your own. :thumb

http://www.smgvans.co.uk/aftersales/cowfold.php

Hope this helps John

Sorry John but I am the first member from South America apparently. And by the way Mexico is in North America.

Cheers,

Renato

vwchile said:
Sorry John but I am the first member from South America apparently. And by the way Mexico is in North America.

Cheers,

Renato

Renato welcome as the first from South America :thumb :clap

Yes I do know that Mexico is in North America, I was a Airline Pilot in a former life. It was just a typo, but thanks for pointing it out. :crazy

John