Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite near dog Beach Southern France

Jeeves

Jeeves

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Planning a 4 week getaway next summer to use up a Eurotunnel booking and a campsite in Provence-We would also like to stay on the South Coast but are struggling to find a site on the beach where dogs are also allowed on the beach-Any recommendations ?

Just a thought, a dog on the beach in the summer in the south of France??

We stopped going down so far due to the temperature, some days 40 degrees plus. No place for a dog on the beach.

Been going here for 10 years. 100m to dog friendly beach. This year, almost as many dogs as people. Usual rules apply, avoid like the plague July:August. September is optimum.

Alternatively search Pampelonne Beach camping There are several along this stretch.

You can (and we have) do/done it in one hit but it’s a good 12 hr drive with stops.
No need. Normally we use a one stop strategy overnighting Grenoble/Lyon kind of distance. In other words allow 2 days relaxed travel.

You can (and we have) do/done it in one hit but it’s a good 12 hr drive with stops.
No need. Normally we use a one stop strategy overnighting Grenoble/Lyon kind of distance. In other words allow 2 days relaxed travel.
thanks we would probably do it in 3 as we live up north, which month would you recommend?

We’ve been in June and September. Both are good but June gets much longer days obvs. Beach is never crowded at these times in fact I’ve never seen it busy tbh. Some years we’ve done both :pinkbanana because we love it there.

We’ve been in June and September. Both are good but June gets much longer days obvs. Beach is never crowded at these times in fact I’ve never seen it busy tbh. Some years we’ve done both :pinkbanana because we love it there.
thanks for the advise much appreciated

Alternatively search Pampelonne Beach camping There are several along this stretch.
We stayed at a site called ‘Kontiki’ years ago along this beach - I’m sure there’s a beachbar nearby “Bar 55” or “Club 55” that all the stars kept arriving at. Not cheap. Your snaps look superb.

We stayed at a site called ‘Kontiki’ years ago along this beach - I’m sure there’s a beachbar nearby “Bar 55” or “Club 55” that all the stars kept arriving at. Not cheap. Your snaps look superb.
Yes. Kontiki is a large resort type site further along. There are quite a few beach clubs along this famous (Bridget Bardot) beach.
A few years ago the local council passed a ruling making the beach bars rebuild further back from the sea and remove most of the structures during off season.