Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Campsite List

J

JoeandMaggie

Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
With our Cali on order I’m currently trying to find ways to keep my excitement under control. We have an 18 month old so our trips away are going to mainly be to campsites rather than any wild camping adventures which we can only really do with the help of the grandparents.

What I have found is that a comprehensive list of decent campsites is quite hard to come by. Either they are very short and effectively just on a web page, or some of the apps that exist either require a subscription or are very clunky with poor functionality.

I have therefore been compiling my own list using google maps (all I use for navigation unless walking) and I think it shows great promise as it has the foundation of the google maps app therefore being very user friendly. See the link at the bottom of the post. If you wish, you can click follow and the list will be saved in your saved places, you can then either select or deselect the option for these to be shown at all times on your map as you pan around. Alternatively you can look through in a list view.

Perhaps someone has beaten me to doing this but I’ve been searching for something similar and had no joy. I’ve so far built this list from campsites I’ve been to, ones that I’ve had suggested and some that I’ve found just by searching that look good and are near places that I’d like to see or I just think would be handy.

If you like what I’ve done and want to use it, perhaps you could help me by sending google maps links to campsites which you’d highly recommend, or by potentially informing me that one I have on my list is actually no good at all!

What I have found is that a comprehensive list of decent campsites is quite hard to come by. Either they are very short and effectively just on a web page, or some of the apps that exist either require a subscription or are very clunky with poor functionality

I find this site works well for us free to join. https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/ what is a decent site for me could be rubish for you.

I find this site works well for us free to join. https://www.searchforsites.co.uk/ what is a decent site for me could be rubish for you.
That is definitely one of the better sites out there. I particularly like the clear list of facilities. The problem I find is the amount of choice is actually quite overwhelming and they are often lacking a sufficient number of reviews to make a sound decision (I suppose you can always move on).

What I’m trying to do for myself here though, and anyone else that wants to use it too, is make a smaller but more refined list with them all being pretty standout and with the facilities required; while I would be more than happy staying in a pub car park, the mrs would probably not be. We would also be looking to stay for a few days most of the time and digging in so want to be somewhere good.

It might not be of use to a lot of people, but if this became a list of some of the best and most stand out sites, it would certainly be of use to myself. I would just appreciate anyone who does use it to let me know of their favourites (notes can be added to each entry in the list if of use, I just haven’t bothered yet). I’m also pretty sure there’s not any risk of people’s favourites secret sites become overwhelmed because of this list.

Back