Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping or Touring.. or Campervanning

rippers

rippers

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
When explaining to some people why or what we do with our Cali, I often refer to us as camping.. but I regularly get the comment.. well thats not really camping is it.. implying we're cheating and a tent is actually camping.
So then there is the Touring category to which I think makes more sense but in some respects that doesn't seem right either as plonked in the middle of a field with no facilities isn't exactly Touring is it
Whats your thoughts? I does make me laugh how I have to explain myself all the time to so many people.. I think you either get it or don't.. are we the strange ones or is it everyone else lol

Exploring.

This is a question that I too have philosophised over.

If I was to want to go somewhere, stop, put up my feet for a few days, treat the campsite as a resort and my vehicle as my hotel then I would have a motorhome.

If I wanted to stay put for a few days but travel around locally then I would have a caravan.

If I wanted to go somewhere, think "oh that looks interesting", tear up the plans and zap off somewhere without worrying about weather, terrain, low bridges, height barriers or narrow roads with oncoming vehicles then I would buy a camper van.

I call option 3 exploring and Albert is my exploration module.

Caravan with an engine = Motorhome, normally large and white.

Tent with engine = Campervan ( can get to parts Motorhomes cannot ).

California can go where a car can go and a Motorhome cannot.

We just say were off in our camper van leave it to others decided what actually we do. To us it is a mobile beach hut, but it is a lot cheaper than huts around here on the south coast.

I go 'vlamping'!

My little bit of luxury on wheels...I take everything as well as the kitchen sink!

Camping - as it is a CAMPER van :)

The french have it even more correct with "Camping Car"

In the future tell people that going on holiday with a tent is actually "Tenting" and then walk away :)

It is my Glampervan, a camper van with the wow factor.
New to Cali ownership and loving it!
Thank you everyone for all the useful advice I pick up on the Forum.
Supergran

Heh, I like your word better...glampervanning....I love it in every sense of the word!
Just planning a night away -work seems to get in the way/ draws all our energies but figure a Sunday night after a good Sunday walk is better than nothing.

Of in the campervan :thumb :bananadance

Back