Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping in the forest sites staying shut!

If you can find a vacancy the CMC site Black Knowl is a great site and even if full CMC sites are pretty generous with space and pitches so it’s not overcrowded. It’s not the typical New Forest site where you get a more “back to nature” experience with ponies and cattle wandering through the site but it at least gets you in the heart of the forest.
I think the CAMC sites will be winners with their regimented but spacious sites. Even when full they don't seem crowded. I'd rather go there than a packed " pitch where you like" site at this moment in time.

I think the CAMC sites will be winners with their regimented but spacious sites. Even when full they don't seem crowded. I'd rather go there than a packed " pitch where you like" site at this moment in time.
The “6 metre” rule could be a good selling point!

Full to bursting campsites...
Not my idea of a nice get away. Would rather find somewhere quiet and people free down a remote country lane.
No chance of any “wild camping” in the New Forest. They are very strict on parking and definitely do not allow overnight stops, other than at campsites.

No chance of any “wild camping” in the New Forest. They are very strict on parking and definitely do not allow overnight stops, other than at campsites.
The forest is only 10 minutes away for us and we have found it to be pretty busy lately. We tend to have a real early start walk the dog bit of breakfast at the van Chill out and Then skidaddle outa there before it gets too busy. Maybe that will change a little bit with the gradual easing of the lockdown and more places being available to visit

I have noticed a lot of sites are now keeping their toilet blocks closed whereas before they said they were fully opening, I can only assume the government guidance was much stricter than they first thought?

Full to bursting campsites...
Not my idea of a nice get away. Would rather find somewhere quiet and people free down a remote country lane.
I think even some of our remotest special places might get squeezed, Facebook is full of people sharing & curating Info on remote spots. Not that I think they should be exclusive, but I think even the remote and special spots will start to get abused and ultimately get shut down or made inaccessible. We’re gonna have to think smart!

Since CAMH club changed their name they’ve turned into little more than soulless places full of big whites. I can see the appeal but their sites to me feel much more claustrophobic, despite the distance between pitches.. I do though like some of their grass only sites that have no EHU, seems to attract a different type of camper.

#startthecull

Same here. Was booked for last week of school hols. They are definitely connected to CaCC as we get discount through our membership. Does seem odd
@NZCol we've changed to oakwood now too so maybe see you there!

@NZCol we've changed to oakwood now too so maybe see you there!
we are there from 8th Aug. Not in a Cali though ! The Glenmore closure will out a lot of pressure on wild camping, I was there the other day and it was rammed with vans, no toilets open so I pray people are responsible and not p1ssing and sh1tting everywhere. Back up tomorrow for work so will have a look over the area and see what’s happening.

I've heard that the Camping in the Forest sites are closed because they cannot be secured for their Campers, unlike most sites.

Back