Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping card ACSI - actual campsite cost

IanE

IanE

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
We used the card on 4 sites in France in the last three weeks and had to pay more than the amount shown in the app on each occasion, by one or 2 euros. Not a lot but it’s a bit annoying. Just wondered if others had the same experience? We asked about it on one site and were told the app is always out of date.

Hi , we returned from 3.5 weeks in France, used ACSI card a lot,
the extra Euro cost is the French City/tourist tax which seems to
vary from place to place

Hi , we returned from 3.5 weeks in France, used ACSI card a lot,
the extra Euro cost is the French City/tourist tax which seems to
vary from place to place
Aha! That explains it. I dare say it’s there somewhere in the small print in the app. Thanks Pew.

We used the card on 4 sites in France in the last three weeks and had to pay more than the amount shown in the app on each occasion, by one or 2 euros. Not a lot but it’s a bit annoying. Just wondered if others had the same experience? We asked about it on one site and were told the app is always out of date.

Tourist tax is not included in the advertised price. Varies from place to place, and also usually lower or free for children.

I was pretty impressed with the ASCI sites as a whole. Facilities were basic but the price for the 3 sites I stayed at were all less than 7 euro per night not incl hookup. I had the entire site to myself at one location.

I was pretty impressed with the ASCI sites as a whole. Facilities were basic but the price for the 3 sites I stayed at were all less than 7 euro per night not incl hookup. I had the entire site to myself at one location.
Isn’t the cheapest site on ACSI €14?.. Do you mean €7 per person?
All ACSI pitches include hookup. Unless the rules have changed for 2023 but that was the thing with ACSI you get full monty for an inclusive price.

All ACSI pitches include hookup. Unless the rules have changed for 2023 but that was the thing with ACSI you get full monty for an inclusive price.
Correct. I was solo-ing this trip.

ACSI has several different aspects.

A subset of ACSI rated sites accept the ACSI Camping Card which (in 2017/2018) cost €11/€13/€15/€17 or €19 off season per night for up to two people, hookup and showers and no extra charge for dogs. Sometimes up to three children under 8(?) are included too.

*Edit

~9,800 ACSI registered campsites
3,000+ ACSI campsites that take the CampingCard off season

Last edited:
I had seemed to get a discount just showing my membership card….until last site in Italy! They wanted the discount card found at the back of the book. It took 3 nights before I got the benefit of having to buy the ACSI sites guide at €21.95! Never asked for that before….

As people have said it’s the local taxes. One thing to be careful

Be careful if using ACSI “on the hoof.” Some sites are “ACSI Recommended” and aren’t in the book. They’ll not offer the ACSI discount. Down near Lake Annecy for instance we paid ACSI rates one year but the next year the new owners opted out. I argued the toss when settling the bill and they gave me the old ACSI rate.

In Comillas northern Spain. Camping El Helguero just charged 21€ flat rate.

Nice site by the way

In Comillas northern Spain. Camping El Helguero just charged 21€ flat rate.

Nice site by the way
Camping Comillas is lovely too….go on the cliff side of the road.
It‘a a lovely town with interesting buildings to see. Also on the route of one of the Camino de santiagos so there’s the odd camper passing through too.

Great stop on way to San Sebastián, then home via Bilbao.

Camping Comillas is lovely too….go on the cliff side of the road.
It‘a a lovely town with interesting buildings to see. Also on the route of one of the Camino de santiagos so there’s the odd camper passing through too.

Great stop on way to San Sebastián, then home via Bilbao.
Thanks for the advice Dottie. You’re right, that spot in Comillas, on the cliff edge, was a beauty to be sure. We’ve since left and are now making our way to wards Portugal via whatever comes up. Will definitely do pinxtos in San Sebastián in July when the Tour de France hits town.