Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Camping and Caravanning Club Membership Extension

Those sites are the C&MC the OP was moaning about the C&CC.
I don't recall the C&MC offering any sort of extension.
Glad you brought that up as I thought I'd missed out on a CAMC extension when reading all the incorrect C&CC - CAMC references.

I've not had a letter & there is no mention on their website, even in the chat area.
Maybe senility is catching up. I'll check when I get back home. Doesn't really bother me one way or another as long as both Clubs are around next year and the years after.

Then the Club is Not for you if you don't wish to abide by the rules.

I hope they fo have a few million in the Bank so that they can replace the Crystal Palace site in London and the Baltic Wharf site in Bristol.

I presume you are not a member any longer?
I live in a land with lots of rules and i don't mind abiding
by the rules at all. I've just been a bit unfortunate and come across
some inflexible employees.

I'm not a direct member so i shouldn't grumble, i can get in with my ADAC camping
card.

3 months = 90 days , 4 months = 120 days.

You say they were shut for 103 days, so as far as I am concerned 3 months rebate is fine.

If you and your family friends don’t rejoin then it will be easier to book where you wish for the remaining members.
The ability to book, no deposit and no cancellation fees mor than outweigh the problems individuals, clubs and businesses have had in 2020, all through no fault of their own .
Keep Safe, we’re not out of the woods yet, by any stretch of the imagination.
I agree that the booking, no deposit, no cancellation fee is a bonus.
Also they have some great CLs.
I’ve toyed with leaving but there are some sites we really like (eg steamer quay in Totnes) where you may as well be a member as pay the non-member fee.

If they were fair they would make the extension 3 summer months, representing the months they were closed. Not much demand for camping in the winter months. When writing this post I made a bet to myself if would be you with such a comment. You are just argumentative
No need to turn this in to a “spiky” discussion or get personal. It creates a bad vibe and puts some people off giving their opinions or joining in even if they have something constructive to add.

I'm with WG on this one. If you can afford a California then the odd £20, or what ever, will be no problem. All sort of businesses are suffering huge financial losses, through no fault of their own. If we can afford to help them through then we should.
I don’t think it’s helpful to assume that if you own a California you have cash to splash. Yes, a Cali is expensive to buy but some people save for a long time to get one. Also, in today’s climate it’s easy for someone’s financial circumstances to change but them to want to keep their Cali. Also some people are just thrifty, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

Far too much unpleasantness, if not nastiness going on here, above. Haven't we got enough of that on the news? Shame on some of you. Makes me want to stop reading the forum which is usually so useful.
I agree. Play nicely children. If you want to go crushing your crayons and throwing your teddy out of the pram why not PM people you don’t agree with so everyone else isn’t subjected to your pettiness.

I agree that the booking, no deposit, no cancellation fee is a bonus.
Also they have some great CLs.
I’ve toyed with leaving but there are some sites we really like (eg steamer quay in Totnes) where you may as well be a member as pay the non-member fee.
Elly
All the above relate to the Caravan & Motor Home Club who as a far as Im aware have yet to offer any discount/ extended membership.
Its a good job the OP would of had a meltdown at that if he's upset at only getting 90 days instead of 102 extension of C&CC membership.

Just for a bit of Christmas cheer it looks as if the C&MHC might have finally got permission, or be very near to it, to move their Bristol site. It seems that the Cllrs have gone against the officers advice and are recommending the new site down hill from the Suspension Bridge.

I cant think of anything better to be put on somewhere with a flood risk. It seems to get managed well at York, As long as the design of hookups & waste disposal makes suitable allowance.

You wouldn't want to put housing, retail or office there, so anything that makes use of the land, brings money into the local economy & can be relocated when there is a likelihood of flooding sounds ideal.

Elly
All the above relate to the Caravan & Motor Home Club who as a far as Im aware have yet to offer any discount/ extended membership.
Its a good job the OP would of had a meltdown at that if he's upset at only getting 90 days instead of 102 extension of C&CC membership.
Thanks, Andy. I reread the OP and indeed, as Arun Alec says, got my wires crossed. We belong to both although a lot of the bonuses for either are quite different.
Here’s my note to self - “be mindful of the OP and post accordingly”.

But I stand by my above posts regarding the tone and pettiness of some of the judgemental, petty, insulting comments. It’s so destructive on a good site like this and really not in keeping with the usual friendly and helpful, constructive discussions that are so important to all of us.

Last edited:
if people want to voice their disproval or anger at a certain club or company for what ever reason i don't see why they shouldn't. no need to mention dummies and crayons when some one has a genuine complaint or beef about a large company that i for one would like to hear. just unfollow the thread if you don't like it. easy. eastenders bothers me greatly, i just don't watch it.

if people want to voice their disproval or anger at a certain club or company for what ever reason i don't see why they shouldn't. no need to mention dummies and crayons when some one has a genuine complaint or beef about a large company that i for one would like to hear. just unfollow the thread if you don't like it. easy. eastenders bothers me greatly, i just don't watch it.
Christmas list - note to self:
Dummies for latest grandson.
Crayons for older grandson and granddaughter.

I cant think of anything better to be put on somewhere with a flood risk. It seems to get managed well at York, As long as the design of hookups & waste disposal makes suitable allowance.
As long as there is an efficient flood warning and evacuation system in place. Not so important in the U.K. which is less prone to flash flooding, but still a risk.

On the phone it is often difficult to find the right thread, so sorry if this is not quite correct.
I have just checked my c&mc bookings and only one is showing, does the site only show one booking at a time??
Thanks in anticipation

On the phone it is often difficult to find the right thread, so sorry if this is not quite correct.
I have just checked my c&mc bookings and only one is showing, does the site only show one booking at a time??
Thanks in anticipation
No, you should be able to see all of them. I would book again as it should tell you if you’re already booked for those dates.

If you’re checking your bookings on your phone the rest are hidden, you have to swipe right on the first booking and the rest should appear.