Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calor 3.9 kg propane in Beach

kp64zl

kp64zl

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hi -- does anyone use Calor Propane cylinders in their van for camp stove?

I've a two ring gas cooker (portable) which has been using Campingaz 907 but I'm getting a bit fed up with the difficulty of trekking miles to find refills whereas Calor seems to be everywhere.

Looks like the cylinder will fit under the multiflex board (340mm height)...

I was on Campingaz but the prices in the UK are a bit steep, so I did indeed switch to Calor over time, it was just a case of changing the regulator. However since then I switched to the EN417 bottles, for my slidepod, alpkit and cadac so its just easier.

We have both: 5 Kg propane at home and 2.75Kg butane away from home, (we also have an empty Campingaz 909 5Kg bottle). The cost of exchange (5 Kg propane or 2.75 Kg butane) is approximately the same. All three of our appliances have quick release, and we have two propane regulators with hose and quick release and two butane regulators with hose and quick release. Switching from propane to butane is trivial. The 5 Kg propane bottle easily fits below the Beach multiflex but is bulky, and for that reason, we'd be unlikely to take 5 Kg propane camping with us.

Hi -- does anyone use Calor Propane cylinders in their van for camp stove?

I've a two ring gas cooker (portable) which has been using Campingaz 907 but I'm getting a bit fed up with the difficulty of trekking miles to find refills whereas Calor seems to be everywhere.

Looks like the cylinder will fit under the multiflex board (340mm height)...
If you have a proper Calor Centre near you then they sell/exchange Campingaz 907/04 bottles, but they don’t advertise the fact.

Back