Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Calling all Zwifter’s

Moakesy

Moakesy

Moakesy
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
I’ve started a new thread, away from the Turbo Trainer thread where this discussion started, so as to concentrate just on organising a Zwift event for all us indoor cyclists.

My thoughts are the first event will be a group ride, mainly as a friendly test event to see how things go. This way, anyone who is new to Zwift can get used to joining events and those of us more experienced folks can help out the newbies.

Then, if there remains sufficient interest, we can look at different types of events.

If you are interested, can you let me know...

Are you new to zwift
Watts/kg*
Want to do races or social rides?
Preferred time

* This is not some macho thing to see who has the best power, but it will let me see the spread of ability and see if a race will work. If you don’t know what you can average, just leave it blank.

I’ll start:

Are you new to zwift: Used for 12 months
Watts/kg: 3.8w/kg, maybe 4.0 on a good day
Want to do races or social rides? Both...happy to help others, or go all out in a race
Preferred time: Mid-week, for around an hour, ideally starting between 6pm and 7pm

I’ve started a new thread, away from the Turbo Trainer thread where this discussion started, so as to concentrate just on organising a Zwift event for all us indoor cyclists.

My thoughts are the first event will be a group ride, mainly as a friendly test event to see how things go. This way, anyone who is new to Zwift can get used to joining events and those of us more experienced folks can help out the newbies.

Then, if there remains sufficient interest, we can look at different types of events.

If you are interested, can you let me know...

Are you new to zwift
Watts/kg*
Preferred time

* This is not some macho thing to see who has the best power, but it will let me see the spread of ability and see if a race will work. If you don’t know what you can average, just leave it blank.

I’ll start:

Are you new to zwift: Used for 12 months
Watts/kg: 3.8w/kg, maybe 4.0 on a good day
Want to do races or social rides? Both...happy to help others, or go all out in a race
Preferred time: Mid-week, for around an hour, ideally starting between 6pm and 7pm

Thanks for sorting @Moakesy
Count me in :thumb

Are you new to zwift - Yes, 1 month
Watts/kg* 2.5 around 3 on a good day
Want to do races or social rides - Both
Preferred time - Mid-week anytime after 6

Soul
Aka Kenny Jnks (Zwift)
886CFBC8-70AC-4925-83A8-456752BF925A.jpeg

Last edited:
Are you new to zwift - Yes, 1 day
Watts/kg* No idea, low
Want to do races or social rides - Social

Feeble...Not cycled for years,

1DD1BB66-5A62-4446-8E30-7DCACBFC239C.jpeg

Are you new to zwift - Yes, 1 day
Watts/kg* No idea, low
Want to do races or social rides - Social

Feeble...Not cycled for years,

View attachment 72330
Ditto,

Are you new to zwift - Yes - not a member yet and wahoo kickr coming this week
Watts/kg* No idea, low
Want to do races or social rides - Social amd races in time
Preferred time - early morning or evening

Hi
I’m getting back into training slowly. Thanks for sorting this out it’s a great idea. I love zwift for the community and ease after putting kids down!

Are you new to zwift - 2 years in
Watts/kg* FTP was 3 but probably holding sub 2 for next few weeks post covid
Want to do races or social rides - Both with social to start ideally
Preferred time -anytime after 7

Are you new to zwift - Not new
Watts/kg* Cruise at 1.9 to 2.5
Want to do races or social rides? Not bothered with racing except the odd Sprint
Preferred time Will fit in - looks like being early evening which is fine

Attachments

• A257C37E-8D48-4CA4-A5F4-CF21A76E0A10.png
    A257C37E-8D48-4CA4-A5F4-CF21A76E0A10.png
    331.3 KB · Views: 19
Just sent out friend requests to all above. (Paul Morris)

This looks like it‘s coming together nicely. Preference seems to be evening, social ride, maybe 7pm?

I’ll do a ’keep together‘ event, so no matter what power we put out as individuals, no-one gets dropped (well, as long as you keep pedalling). Probably will be either Monday night or Wednesday.

We’ll see how that goes and take it from there....maybe do a race or two in future for those that want it.

Are you new to zwift: Zwifting for 2 1/2 years.
Watts/kg: 2.0 - 2.5 w/kg..?
Want to do races or social rides? I use to keep fit during winter but like the social events.
Preferred time: Throughout the week around 17:00 weekdays and any time during weekends.

Attachments

• 4CCBC07F-B028-4C8D-A4CF-E576F587E081.jpeg
    4CCBC07F-B028-4C8D-A4CF-E576F587E081.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 12
Are you new to zwift: total newbie, expecting Wahoo delivery tomorrow and will need to get set up. I'm a runner really, but have done some cycling and some triathlon - inc an IM70.3 in the past.
Watts/kg: TBC later this week
Want to do races or social rides? More social
Preferred time: Totally flexible - will fit in with others.
**actually think I know Mark Vickers from NCG?
@RSMarco ?
image0.jpeg

Are you new to zwift: member for over three years
Watts/kg: cat 'c'
Want to do races or social rides? Both, like racing though and big virtual hills.
Preferred time: weekdays after 6pm

Are you new to zwift: No, quite a few years experience
Watts/kg*: 3.6ish last time I did an FTP test
Want to do races or social rides?: Either / both
Preferred time: Evenings or very early mornings (I'm CET)

Great initiative, always happy to have another group ride to jump on!

Are you new to zwift: No - Level 41 (I think)
Watts/kg*:
About 3.3w/kg
Either
Preferred time:
Evenings after work. Ride Tuesday (8.45pm) and Thursday (9.00pm) with GGCC as a Sweeper.

3.8 to 4.0w/kg = Ouch!

This is short notice, but I've discovered I have an unexpected window of opportunity for 8pm tonight for a little turbo session. My other half is doing yoga, so it beats sitting on my own watching TV!

Watopia's Two Bridges loop. 8pm tonight, timed to end after 45mins, social ride, all abilities,

I'll send an invite via Zwift and if you can make it then great, if not then don't worry. If you don't see an invite from me and want to join tonight, then I've either missed you or you haven't friended me on Zwift yet.

This is a social ride, using the 'keep together' function so we all keep as a group regardless of power. I've also done it as 'Meetup only view' so we can see who each other are. It will be a bit quiet, but no matter.

@pjm-84 @Aca_chap @willwander @RodCouncil @Bill R @CoboCali @Chiroshi @yanathem @RSMarco

As it's such short notice, I'll do another one for this Wednesday (call it the main event).....how does 7pm on Wednesday (GMT) sound?

Hi Im in for both. It will be my first one for a while so keep together works. Cheers

I’m in tonight if I can figure it out. I’ll try keep going for the full 45 mins ha.
Wednesday’s sound good too.
Totally new to cycling and Zwift, so thanks, this will be great for me...I think.

I’m in tonight if I can figure it out. I’ll try keep going for the full 45 mins ha.
Great news. If you go into Zwift Companion app and accept the invite.

I recommend logging in a few minutes 8pm. Then, when you logon to Zwift and start a ride, you'll see a 'Join Event' button. Press that, and it takes you there...you'll be in a start area on a virtual turbo trainer. Once the countdown clock hits zero, we're off.

The good thing is you can go as easy as you like. As long as the pedals are turning, you won't get dropped. The whole reason 'Keep together' was created was to allow different abilities to ride as a group. I could sprint out at max power, and you'd keep right behind me, calm as you like and laughing your socks off !! :)

I've setup a zoom meeting as I thought it may help / add to the social element. It's completely optional to join / use video. Personally I find video doesn't really work, but voice can be nice to have if you stick your headphones in.

Topic: Vw Cali club Zwift ride
Time: Jan 25, 2021 08:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us04web.zoom.us/j/71168512377?pwd=VzZNSURmcG05VjdpMkhTTzdIWXE4dz09

Meeting ID: 711 6851 2377
Passcode: 9D0sSG

Already been out this evening @Moakesy, but will attend Wednesday.

Cheers
Soul
Kenny Jnks:thumb

Have a great ride.

This is short notice, but I've discovered I have an unexpected window of opportunity for 8pm tonight for a little turbo session. My other half is doing yoga, so it beats sitting on my own watching TV!

Watopia's Two Bridges loop. 8pm tonight, timed to end after 45mins, social ride, all abilities,

I'll send an invite via Zwift and if you can make it then great, if not then don't worry. If you don't see an invite from me and want to join tonight, then I've either missed you or you haven't friended me on Zwift yet.

This is a social ride, using the 'keep together' function so we all keep as a group regardless of power. I've also done it as 'Meetup only view' so we can see who each other are. It will be a bit quiet, but no matter.

@pjm-84 @Aca_chap @willwander @RodCouncil @Bill R @CoboCali @Chiroshi @yanathem @RSMarco

As it's such short notice, I'll do another one for this Wednesday (call it the main event).....how does 7pm on Wednesday (GMT) sound?
I’m OK for Weds 7pm:thumb

Blimey you’re either super fit or need a good meal !

Ex rower so hence my lowly FTP.

That was at Moakesy! I would have to drop well below 100kg to make that figure. I was 66kg before I took up rowing at 15. The following year, after winter training, I was 92kg. Irreversible now

That was at Moakesy! I would have to drop well below 100kg to make that figure. I was 66kg before I took up rowing at 15. The following year, after winter training, I was 92kg. Irreversible now
Ah yes my mistake , although you’re pushing some impressive Watts then for 3.3w/kg !

I was similar! 2k best time was 6:32 back in the day and regularly did sub 40 10ks. There’s an erg in my little gym which I might fire up. I do think cycling, rowing and skiing all use similar muscles and great for the aero fitness too. Ps I’m nowhere near this now! First jaunt after covid . See y’all soon. Cheers

6.17min after I came out of retirement in my 30s and training for HORR. The 2k was a little test and out of place. To give you an idea I was doing 60min + 16300m at 20spm / 8700m for 30mins.

I was stronger when I was U23 though but ergo measurement not comparable.