Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Californian Arctic

I like that last photo a lot. Keep them coming.:thumb

I would love to see the norternlight in real life....magic!

And somebody made it there with T3, wow!

Saw quit a few pre-T4's at Knordkapp.

Saw quit a few pre-T4's at Knordkapp.
T4 is no surprise. I can probably make 3 time higher mileage without failure than T5, but the T3 is a real challenge, especially if you consider the age.

I was up in Trosmo in January and will go back again in Nov. Unfortunately without the Cali...
10915147_10152970652348718_2009107791117867499_n.jpg

The T3 is the father in laws old taxi bus. Its had no engine for the last few years. Its due for a TDI transplant when we get the time. No rust on it which is good. I've just sold my old T3 syncro in the UK. I was going to move it over to Norway but it just wasn't worth it so it had to go.

This was the two of them back in good old Yorkshire :)

IMGP6247 by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

This is the poor old T3 :(

IMG_7775 by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

This was the lights last year

IMGP1308 by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

I just put a remanufactured 1.9 TD in my T3, accelerates up hills now ;) Not sure I would be confident enough to drive it to Norway :D

I just put a remanufactured 1.9 TD in my T3, accelerates up hills now ;) Not sure I would be confident enough to drive it to Norway :D
Aye there's always that thing in the back of your mind in a T3 knowing it might go wrong pretty soon. Mine had an Audi 2.3 conversion so it was good up hills but it would still only do max 50mph with the old syncro gearbox. It sounded amazing though. We've got a 1.9td to put in the blue T3 but it's never been finished off. Yours must drive lovely now?

There were lots of VW vans, all types, in Northern Norway. Not visitors but locals.

A
There were lots of VW vans, all types, in Northern Norway. Not visitors but locals.
Aye T4's are all over. Especially syncro's. Not so many with the spare wheel carrier that's worth more than gold back home. Not seen too many T3's recently though. Seen a few up in Lofoten in July mixed in the the other million motorhomes on the road there.

Aye there's always that thing in the back of your mind in a T3 knowing it might go wrong pretty soon. Mine had an Audi 2.3 conversion so it was good up hills but it would still only do max 50mph with the old syncro gearbox. It sounded amazing though. We've got a 1.9td to put in the blue T3 but it's never been finished off. Yours must drive lovely now?

Mine still has the old gearbox too so will still not do much over 60 but it really pulls well now, so much better.

Would be lovely to have a great sounding petrol engine in it :-D

Nothing firm yet, probably May/June, still giving the an a good going over, just waiting for Seikle lift kit , new alloys, all terrains, a bit of paint, and then we're about ready for some winter camping.

I've finally got to play with my new California. My parents we're over visiting the new addition to the family so I took them down to the Arctic circle visitor centre. We also had the Nordlys greet us too, which was nice.

Aahhh, familiar photo spot :):

full

Smashing pictures Matt.
I see you have spotlights on. Saw a lot of T5s with them on in Norway a couple of years ago so are they a common accessory over there, are they just bolted through the bumper? Can't find any brackets here. We will there for five weeks later this year so wondering if you have any tips where to get brackets.

Smashing pictures Matt.
I see you have spotlights on. Saw a lot of T5s with them on in Norway a couple of years ago so are they a common accessory over there, are they just bolted through the bumper? Can't find any brackets here. We will there for five weeks later this year so wondering if you have any tips where to get brackets.

Cheers, Much Appreciated.

Aye, pretty much everyone has them fitted. They are for scaring moose away. There's quite a lot up where we are and they can just jump out at any moment. These spots were already mounted by the last owner. They are mounted behind the grille and not onto the bumper. A lot of folk are switching to LED spots now so these are a bit old school.

Hope that helps.

Untitled by Matt Wilde, on Flickr

Back