Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Multivan California due 2024 (PHEV)
ID Buzz California due 2025 (Electric)
T7 California?
Discuss!

There’s really nothing said in that video that we don’t already know. He’s clearly aware many potential buyers are concerned about the potential lack of internal space in the Multivan for a Cali setup.

Multivan California due 2024 (PHEV)
ID Buzz California due 2025 (Electric)
T7 California?
Discuss!
Seen this last night.
It brought me more questions than answers.
I was hoping that he would inform about whats going to happen to the T6.1.
Mostly his video's are sales pitches.

I didn't expect anything concrete, and that's precisely what I took from this.

I like Cali Chris, but much of what he says is speculation. We already know the next-gen Transporter is a joint development with Ford and I suspect we'll have that available in Cali form long before either a PHEV or EV version of the Cali.

I didn't expect anything concrete, and that's precisely what I took from this.

I like Cali Chris, but much of what he says is speculation. We already know the next-gen Transporter is a joint development with Ford and I suspect we'll have that available in Cali form long before either a PHEV or EV version of the Cali.
I agree for a Bit.
But on the other hand I would like to see how an VW sales man is wurming that his favorite Bun now is a joint venture with an other Brand. :D

I agree for a Bit.
But on the other hand I would like to see how an VW sales man is wurming that his favorite Bun now is a joint venture with an other Brand. :D
Ford Transit with Nugget conversion looks be more practical option at the moment due to the wider body, in hybrid or pure EV.

But don’t get me wrong…I like the Multivan!

Ford Transit with Nugget conversion looks be more practical option at the moment due to the wider body, in hybrid or pure EV.

But don’t get me wrong…I like the Multivan!

I quite like the nugget, and I quite like the drive of the transits.
Possibly the Multi and Buzz will be the only mid sized van California. Is it speculation that Volkswagen will bring the Ford/VW model into the Caliverse…???
Perhaps that’s just a van platform.

Possibly the Multi and Buzz will be the only mid sized van California. Is it speculation that Volkswagen will bring the Ford/VW model into the Caliverse…???
Yes just speculation. And I suspect he suggests it because it’s wishful thinking on his part too.

I think Ford will stick with a Westy Nugget conversion + GRP roof. VW will do their own thing….But on same base van.

Back