Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Time - YouTube Channel

CampervanTime

CampervanTime

VIP Member
Vehicle
Westy Sven Hedin
Hi Everyone

Now that we are up and running with our new channel ‘California Time’ I thought I’d start this new thread that we can update you on the videos we make and publish.

Thank you for all the feedback on the other thread, much to take in and digest and lots of ideas between me and Sarah.

Today we have published a couple of ‘mini’ clips, where we’ve stripped back all of the fancy stuff and just covered two things;
1) The T6.1 fly screens
and
2) The L-Shaped table (i.e. the table strap)

We have got a ‘this is us collecting our new Cali’ together with unpacking everything it came with video - we’re just finishing it off. Hopefully to upload at the weekend whilst we are on our first camping trip.

Thanks for supporting us. I won‘t beg you to subscribe, but it is the easiest way for you to be notified when we upload new stuff.

Don’t worry - the fun stuff is coming :)

California Time Mini - Installing OEM VW Side Window Fly Screens on a T6.1 California

California Time Mini - We create an L-SHAPE table in our VW California! See how simple it is!

Hi Everyone

Now that we are up and running with our new channel ‘California Time’ I thought I’d start this new thread that we can update you on the videos we make and publish.

Thank you for all the feedback on the other thread, much to take in and digest and lots of ideas between me and Sarah.

Today we have published a couple of ‘mini’ clips, where we’ve stripped back all of the fancy stuff and just covered two things;
1) The T6.1 fly screens
and

We have got a ‘this is us collecting our new Cali’ together with unpacking everything it came with video - we’re just finishing it off. Hopefully to upload at the weekend whilst we are on our first camping trip.

Thanks for supporting us. I won‘t beg you to subscribe, but it is the easiest way for you to be notified when we upload new stuff.

California Time Mini - Installing OEM VW Side Window Fly Screens on a T6.1 California

California Time Mini - We create an L-SHAPE table in our VW California! See how simple it is!
Good luck with the channel. Sub'ed as requested!

Hi Everyone

1) The T6.1 fly screens
and

Best of luck, now following you on YouTube.

Morning everyone

We are now looking to try to get into a bit of a schedule after this first hectic week. Now getting the hang of iMovie and putting these together, so we wanted some structure now.

We are aiming to release our videos on Friday evenings at 6pm - unless something new or interesting means we do something quickly.

So - this starts from tomorrow, and we're going to be seeing how much booze can fit in a VW California fridge (plus some bonus tips, too...)!

All you need to do now is see if you can beat what we managed and post up your results in the comments !

Great videos so far! I struggled with the fly screens for a few mins at the weekend before giving up (obviously I didn’t read the manual!). you made it look easy there. Also, I did wonder what that strap was for. Thank you!!

Note to self- Go and read the manual.

Great videos so far! I struggled with the fly screens for a few mins at the weekend before giving up (obviously I didn’t read the manual!). you made it look easy there. Also, I did wonder what that strap was for. Thank you!!

Note to self- Go and read the manual.
Great ! Glad the videos are of use to you, thanks for the feedback.

Hi Everyone

We hope you can join us at 6pm tonight for our first premiere video - can you guess how much booze we can fit in our fridge? Can you do better? Have any fridge tips to share too? Plus Sarah shares her bonus tips too in her first appearance :)

We also noticed that we have reached over 50 subscribers now so a HUGE thank you to everyone that has - it means the world to us and gives us hope we are not totally clueless!

Hopefully see you there!

Hi Everyone

1) The T6.1 fly screens
and

Thanks, 2 things I didn’t know how to do, so useful. I’ve subscribed and looking forward to your booze video. Are you doing it by units of alcohol?!

Last edited:
Morning everyone, we’ve put together a Facebook page now which may help you if you want to see what we’re up to and what is coming next.

We’ve been planning and filming all weekend so the next two episodes are clear in our heads.

Later this week we’ll let you all know what the Friday 6pm video will be :)

Hi Everyone

If anyone is thinking about the Brandrup Shower pocket - here is a quick video;

Popped a quick mini video up of our new Brandrup shower pocket if anyone is considering one;

California Time Mini - Brandrup Shower Pocket Install in a VW Camper!

Great videos!
One comment though, you should double-check the audio mix.
The intro volume is correct (vs other youtube videos), but you voices are really (really really) low.
Don't know what you are using for the editing, but I suggest you double check this before releasing new videos. (unless it's only on my side, but....)

The booze one is an excellent idea to have a clear view of how much stuff we could put in our Cali-to-come fridge.
I've subscribed of course, and waiting for the next one. Good job!!

Thanks very much for the feedback. We have been struggling a bit with the audio and we do know we need to get some proper mics sorted out ASAP. We currently use an iPhone with a Rode VideoMic Me-L with a deadcat, but we're just too far away from it most of the time and Sarah is sometimes behind it - even worse! We are using iMovie to make the videos so we can work on the levels more in there.

What we want to get is a Rode Wireless Go II set - probably with a couple of Lavalier mics - that should sort it properly then.

Bear with us as we build our equipment up !

You'll enjoy our next video on Friday if you're waiting for a Cali... I promise !

Enjoyed your videos while we wait for our Coast to be built. They have been very good and Informative. You are brave to have a go. I‘m sure each one is a lot of work so well done and keep going.

Hi Everyone

We hope you can join us at 6pm tonight for our first premiere video - can you guess how much booze we can fit in our fridge? Can you do better? Have any fridge tips to share too? Plus Sarah shares her bonus tips too in her first appearance :)

We also noticed that we have reached over 50 subscribers now so a HUGE thank you to everyone that has - it means the world to us and gives us hope we are not totally clueless!

Hopefully see you there!

I think that you can fit more booze in if you use the 440ml cans of Stella. They stack under the basket horizontally on their side leaving the full depth on the other side for wine, tonic, champagne, gin, more beer etc etc
The basket is for the food!

I think that you can fit more booze in if you use the 440ml cans of Stella. They stack under the basket horizontally on their side leaving the full depth on the other side for wine, tonic, champagne, gin, more beer etc etc
Sounds like a picture is in order!!

Good stacking booze
1628004140011.png

Hi Everyone

We've just finished putting the finishing touches to our latest video - it will launch on Friday at 6pm and we'll post links to it on the day.

Title: "Collecting and Unpacking Our BRAND NEW California Ocean T6.1 Camper Van!"

This one is for all of you waiting on your new Californias and for those of you who want to know EXACTLY what you get with one, how it's packaged, how it is handed over etc. We also give a nice sneak-peak at our next video too (for the following Friday).

We can't wait to share our collection day with you all :)

See you on Friday!

Subscribed, and enjoying your videos during the long wait for my new Ocean. One thing you could do to make them even more enjoyable is work on the sound. Something like the Rode Wireless Go II would make a big difference. https://www.wexphotovideo.com/rode-...FCB3WL8vAgAaRb67hYKv2E_zb-RkU72xoCwIkQAvD_BwE. Setting your sound levels to peak around -3dB would also help a lot, having to adjust the TV volume constantly can be a pain.

I hope you can keep the content coming, you have made a great start. There are plenty of van life channels out there but not so many focussed on the California Ocean. How about a mini review of sites that you stay at?

Thanks for the advice and you are 100% right on the audio. We have (yesterday!) placed an order for Wireless Go II mics and a couple of lavalier mics to help. Thanks for the tip on the -3db. We use iMovie at the moment and I need to do the mod that allows you to see the combined audio levels on the Mac and still use iMovie. I know Final Cut Pro has them, but not ready to make that leap yet!

We've got two videos coming - one tonight on the shower (is it useful or useless!) and another on Friday at 6pm, usual premiere slot, which is our first night away at a local campsite near us.

There is another trip away we've done, filmed, just needs editing, plus a couple of reviews of stuff too.

Thanks for watching and subscribing, we hope you'll enjoy what we've got coming up :)

Back