Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California T6 Beach trunk illumination

P

pablo

Guest User
Hi,

In my T6 Beach I find it strange that there aren't lights in the lower part of the trunk. There is a light on the upper part of one the sides but it doesn't help that much when trying to find stuff in the dark.

I tried lifting the rear edge of the multiflex board but only a small part of the trunk gets light. At some point the edge fell back hitting my head. Since then I leave a torch in the trunk.

I am thinking about installing some led lights in the trunk.

Do other Beach owners have the same problem?

I tapped into the light on the rear pillar and ran a wire to a self adhesive led strip light which is on the side panel under the multiflex. Press Switch on the light now switches on both.

That's exactly what I was planning to do.

Thanks for the replies!

Enviado desde mi Moto G (4) mediante Tapatalk

I tapped into the light on the rear pillar and ran a wire to a self adhesive led strip light which is on the side panel under the multiflex. Press Switch on the light now switches on both.
I've tried that but in my case it is a led lamp. To tap it after the switch I would have to weld the wires. See pic
9a65c8fbd28ae0f960ccba32e425be5f.jpg

So I tapped it before the switch and added a second switch
266ba194ae8380d5f5f5357afe0e9b31.jpg

d00a122dde96dffdb201eaaee5676115.jpg

6a7dde5f597a88bc9766250b8053401f.jpg

Tis a bit dark down there - I use 'the force' or when that fails a head torch.

I just bought two of these for the cupboard under the stair... wondering now if the magnet will stick to the multiflex? It comes with a metal plate and stickers if not.

Battery so far has lasted 3 days not sure how long they would last, in a moving vehicle they may run out too fast? It does have a manual on off switch though so I may just use one if the magnet sticks.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01MAUF6GI/?tag=eliteelect-21

I found that the existing power socket in the boot area is very restricted by the multiflex board (maybe just an issue for the lower 2 seater version). After much searching I found a low profile plug to extension socket which I have fixed using heavy duty velcro to the underside of the board. (might fix more permanently in time). Then plugged in a 'bendy light' that was originally intended for the roof area.
IMG_0809.JPG IMG_0807.JPG

Not tested how much light it gives in dark conditions yet. If it is a bit stingy then will look into using some of the LEDs on a self adhesive strip that are available for under kitchen cupboard illumination.

Like this you mean?

b1388190fe174b3cd0121d913b6a5e7f.jpg

We made this sliding tray for the trunk and it makes it really comfortable to reach the stuff while cooking.

Back