Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California SE Toolbox,storage.Thoughts!!!!!

WelshGas

WelshGas

Retired after 42 yrs and enjoying Life.
Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180 4Motion
I've removed the toolbox from it's fitted position on the rear seat so that my 2 large plastic boxes can slide fully forward. The tool box fits nicely between the boxes and allows me to keep my small toolbox of sockets, pliers, fuses etc: at the boot entrance so that I do not have to unload everything to get the Jack or removable towbar etc: out.
Anyone else think that VW could have thought of a more practical solution of positioning the toolbox for easy access?
Also, I was looking for a handy solution of storing the 2 quilts we use. Although light they are large volume and although can be squeezed into the underbed storage tray and I am able to close it, opening it is very problematic.
Solution 1X1.3 m Vacuum storage packs from eBay. Pack quilt in bag - apply vacuum suction. Bag ends up 3" tick and can be folded and fits neatly in drawer.
Before anyone asks we have a small rechargeable vacuum cleaner that we can use in the Van and which is more than strong enough to re-vacuum the bags while camping. :bananadance

Anyone else have any tips/suggestions?

We just keep all of our squidgy stuff (duvets, pillow, coats) on top of the multiflex board, this means if you have to make the bed in a hurry then you can just lower the rear seat and pull all the bedding forward.

It also ensures that all of the non-bedding stuff is hidden away when you want to use the bed.

In broad terms, we pack like this:

Under the Multiflex - clothes in boxes, shoes in boxes, sport equipment, levelling ramps
On the Multiflex - squidgy stuff as described
Under the seat drawer - toys, games, camping gadgets
Wardrobe - more clothes
Wardrobe in the boot - starts holiday full of food - ends full of wine!
Under the cooker - Food
Rear roof cupboard (the one that pulls down) - towels and toiletries.

As most of the things under the multiflex board are in boxes, we don't worry about the tool kit, to get to it, we just need to remove 2 or 3 boxes to get at it - and we haven't needed to yet :)

We do keep a screwdriver and other small tools in the cutlery tray :)

T

Back