Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California options info.

Wogga

Wogga

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Speccing our potential Ocean. Unfortunately the brochure doesn’t seem to have an image of many of the options. Anybody explain of thave a photo of this current option please.

2nd Drawer in Bench Seat instead of Load-Through Hatch - GBP 210.00. Can’t see a load through hatch to begin with?

Speccing our potential Ocean. Unfortunately the brochure doesn’t seem to have an image of many of the options. Anybody explain of thave a photo of this current option please.

2nd Drawer in Bench Seat instead of Load-Through Hatch - GBP 210.00. Can’t see a load through hatch to begin with?
Have a wee look at this.

If I am not mistaken....normally, there's a space left open under the bench, next to the drawer thats under the bench. On the side where the bench touches the kitchen. This allows for long stuff to be entered from the back of the van and slid all the way through. Example for when you would want to bring a surfing sail or long wooden beams or something. VW sell a drawer that can be placed in this spot under the bench, which gives you a bit more packing space.
extra-drawer-for-the-folding-bench.jpg

It’s worth the £210. The extra drawer is great additional storage - it’s similar to that in photo above (one above is an aftermarket one), but the VW has grey trim on the front to match the large under-seat drawer to the left of it.

If I am not mistaken....normally, there's a space left open under the bench, next to the drawer thats under the bench. On the side where the bench touches the kitchen. This allows for long stuff to be entered from the back of the van and slid all the way through. Example for when you would want to bring a surfing sail or long wooden beams or something. VW sell a drawer that can be placed in this spot under the bench, which gives you a bit more packing space.
extra-drawer-for-the-folding-bench.jpg

mystery solved thanks very muc,h

It’s worth the £210. The extra drawer is great additional storage - it’s similar to that in photo above (one above is an aftermarket one), but the VW has grey trim on the front to match the large under-seat drawer to the left of it.

I guess if I can find a purpose for it..... yes, otherwise not. Now as I mentally pack my virtual van I will find out I suppose.

Have a wee look at this.

cheers buddy.

I find the load through hatch far too useful to bung it up with a draw full of toiletries. Think hard before ordering that as an extra. Good luck with the order.

Yes I agree with @flyingbanana -- that extra space under the seat sometimes comes in useful
You can easily remove the drawer. Two bolts, 5 minutes max to remove. And have a useful drawer for the 99% of the time it would be dead space. Your mileage may vary.

Wogga, you beat me to it, I was about to ask the exact same question!
Currently trying to spec up a new one and lots of stuff is confusing! Fun though....

I find the load through hatch far too useful to bung it up with a draw full of toiletries. Think hard before ordering that as an extra. Good luck with the order.
It comes with the cargo net for upstairs but that seems to be more material to pack away under the roof roller shutter.

We had the extra drawer and storage net and found them both useful, depends on your needs. whenever we took anything extra long we placed it between the 2 front seats.

Bear in mind if you will buy ramps to level the van when on a site, you will need a place to store them.
My Fiamma Level Up ramps fits with their bag perfectly in this cavity. I believe this is the perfect storage place , because, as you arrive to your pitch, you just need to slide the side door open and grab them, very convenient as opposed to a boot where you may have a bike rack etc and not be as convenient.

Bear in mind if you will buy ramps to level the van when on a site, you will need a place to store them.
My Fiamma Level Up ramps fits with their bag perfectly in this cavity. I believe this is the perfect storage place , because, as you arrive to your pitch, you just need to slide the side door open and grab them, very convenient as opposed to a boot where you may have a bike rack etc and not be as convenient.
We use the big drawer under the seat for our ramps and all other stuff you use when setting up (power cable, water carrier bag etc) for same reason as you say so you don’t have to hunt for these things during set up and they are last things to get packed away again

Back