Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach Heaters

Likewise I have bought a Beach without parking heater. Its fine apart from when temp drops to freezing. I have been looking into a retro fit for that reason, there is a company in Edenbridge that fits Webasto as per factory fit,
Would be really interested in knowing about this place in Edenbridge... we're down the road and and looking to retrofit a heater to our Beach.

Hi I have since had a Webasto heater fitted at Vehvac reg dealer/fitter. A very good job done, they had it two days. The only issue was visual because were the vent is, the moulding at the base of the seat is not flat. The vent looked slightly odd. 3years warranty the unit is well fitted and out of sight also quite when running. The control was fitted on the door post behind the driver seat. I originally wanted the vent in the door post but apparently it would be complicated with lots of cutting underneath which I did not want.

Thanks skyflier - will definitely check vehvac out - sounds promising.

Hi I have since had a Webasto heater fitted at Vehvac reg dealer/fitter. A very good job done, they had it two days. The only issue was visual because were the vent is, the moulding at the base of the seat is not flat. The vent looked slightly odd. 3years warranty the unit is well fitted and out of sight also quite when running. The control was fitted on the door post behind the driver seat. I originally wanted the vent in the door post but apparently it would be complicated with lots of cutting underneath which I did not want.
Mine used to look a bit odd, I got some CNC cut inserts from Slidepods and mounted the vent in there, looks much nicer now.

Mine used to look a bit odd, I got some CNC cut inserts from Slidepods and mounted the vent in there, looks much nicer now.
But do those inserts eliminate the indents in the back of the seat base of the first row? That limits foot room for second row adult passengers when carrying 7 adults, especially with the multiflex board fully extended to increase luggage capacity for sports equipment/luggage. In that scenario (a regular for me), the B post vent is clearly superior, which has lead to an ongoing issue with the aftermarket installer of my Webasto parking heater, an official Westfalia agency. I think they should have known that while this is not an issue for Oceans, Beach owners choose the Beach in part because of it's capacity to be configured one day for two passengers and the next day for up to seven, so cutting back on second row foot room will be an issue.

Last edited:
I dont use second row of seats so not something I had considered but I can see how it might. You could just cut a hole in the plastic and probably get a flatter vent to fit there? If its that close would there be a risk of passengers feet blocking the vent anyway?

But do those inserts eliminate the indents in the back of the seat base of the first row? That limits foot room for second row adult passengers when carrying 7 adults, especially with the multiflex board fully extended to increase luggage capacity for sports equipment/luggage. In that scenario (a regular for me), the B post vent is clearly superior, which has lead to an ongoing issue with the aftermarket installer of my Webasto parking heater, an official Westfalia agency. I think they should have known that while this is not an issue for Oceans, Beach owners choose the Beach in part because of it's capacity to be configured one day for two passengers and the next day for up to seven, so cutting back on second row foot room will be an issue.
I dont use second row of seats so not something I had considered but I can see how it might. You could just cut a hole in the plastic and probably get a flatter vent to fit there? If its that close would there be a risk of passengers feet blocking the vent anyway?
I presume behind the vent is a flexible pipe so presumably the vent could be positioned on the side of the seat base by the handbrake pointing back and upwards slightly.

Yes very true if you arent afraid to cut the metal that could work quite well for getting heat into the poptop more easily too.

I've been pondering a Y connector and two vents to help get air up top.

Yes very true if you arent afraid to cut the metal that could work quite well for getting heat into the poptop more easily too.

I've been pondering a Y connector and two vents to help get air up top.
With a variable vent you could blow air straight up.

Back