Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

California Beach and sleeping "downstairs"

A

Alfrla

VIP Member
I found this forum after searching around on the net.. glad I found it. We picked up our brand new Cali three days ago. We had a waiting time of almost five months, but it was worth the wait. We decided to buy a grey import because compared to the normal price we saved 9000 Euros... thats a big argument. The cali was built in Hannover and then went to Italy for a week and was then re-imported back into Germany (where we live :)) The dealer assured me that the only way to tell that the cali was a re-import was the identification number, everything else was just the same as if we had bought it at a normal dealer.

And now to our problem :) We cannot find out how to turn the three seat into a "bed" The pictures in the user manual do not compare to our cali. We managed to get the back of the seat folded down on to the seating part.. and thats as far as we got.

I look forward to receiveing some ideas :)

Regards from a sunny Bavaria,

Adrian

From memory (so could be a bit wrong):

Once the backrest is down (forward) on the base lift the lower lever and pull the handle to move the whole seat towards the front of the van.

Then let the lower lever return to it's normal position and pull the upper handle and push the backrest all the way back up and then start going over backwards.

Then lift the front of the seat base up and towards the front of the van. As you do this the seat back will move down so it's all level.

You end up with it looking like this:

The multiflex board is hinged so you need to raise the flap up.

I think that's roughly right from memory.

good luck.

3 seat bed.jpg

Thanks for the quick reply! I still did´nt manage it.. somewhere along the line something is blocking it. I will just have to go back to the dealer so that he can show me.. how embarassing :)))

Well once you know the official line post it up so we can all see if we're doing it right.

I'm not 100% sure....

:thumb

@Alfrla: you have to push really hard to push the back all the way down. go sit on it and push with your back instead of pushuing with your hands only... That did it for me.

Custardtart said:
From memory (so could be a bit wrong):

Once the backrest is down (forward) on the base lift the lower lever and pull the handle to move the whole seat towards the front of the van.

Then let the lower lever return to it's normal position and pull the upper handle and push the backrest all the way back up and then start going over backwards.

Then lift the front of the seat base up and towards the front of the van. As you do this the seat back will move down so it's all level.

You end up with it looking like this:

The multiflex board is hinged so you need to raise the flap up.

I think that's roughly right from memory.

good luck.

Amazing picture with the additional seats!!

Thanks!!

Back